Another new female!

• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MJ4032
    Participant

Just finishing up reading CBL and trying to absorb all the info.  Thanks to Julia Ladewski for the inspiration.  Her progress intrigued me to take things further with my physique and strength.After doing all the reading I could get my hands on this weekend, I have decided to start with CNS to drop some fat first.  Then, I will transition into CBL.  My ultimate goal is to build some additional LBM, but without adding much fat.  So, I figured to start out with a lower BF% before diving into CBL.For the past two years, I have been training 5-3-1 for the most part.  I had my eye on my first PL comp, but the past year just threw me some curveballs -- death of my mom, two injuries, and various other shitstorms.  At any rate, I am now building myself back up and before I start again on 5-3-1, I am doing a quick take on Dan John's 40-Day Program.  Then, I will retest 1RM's and get back on 5-3-1.  Previous 1RM's were:  Bench 110, Squat 170, DL 215.  Hoping to get back there this summer.OK, so on to my question.  I am used to drinking a pre-wo supp -- Hypershock.  But, it has 11 grams of carbs.  If it still fits into my daily under 30 grams of carbs, is it still OK to drink?  If not, that's OK, I'll dump it.  But, if I don't have to, that'd be very cool.  Also, keeping in mind I am asking for both CNS and CBL pre-wo (though I wouldn't think the answer would be different for the two programs).  I train at 5PM.  Here's a link to the nutritional stats:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/myo/hyper.htmlThanks guys!  I look forward to being a member here!

Damon Amato
    Participant

We've been told to try to keep meals to <10g carbs, so this would certainly be over that and could cause an insulin spike.  If you need something pre-wo, MCT oil or coconut oil seem to be the go to products.  Maybe some caffeine with it.  Don't see why you'd need anything else.

Karin O’Sullivan
    Participant

No answer to your question just welcome. Very cool to have another female on board.

First off, welcome!Secondly, I tend to agree about keeping it <10g carbs at a time.I would just do coffee, coconut/MCT oil, and maybe some creatine pre-workout, I think it works better and it's a hell of a lot cheaper most of the time.

Welcome!!  I'm flabbergasted that you were inspired by my results!!  😮Looks like you've got a great base of strength to start from!As for the pre-WO shake... agree that it should be under 10g... is it worth to only take 3/4 of a serving or half?  I'm a stupid simple kinda girl in that I just like coffee/oil/cream pre workout.  no need to buy an extra supp if I don't need to.  That having been said though, you could always give it a shot and just see what your results are. 

MJ4032
    Participant

You know, it's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.  I think it was one of those things that just became habit and I just got used to it.  I am going to dump it and see how it goes. 

Naomi Most

Awesome — welcome in.  🙂 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Another new female!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?