Anybody have taste issues w/ Blend H?

• This topic has 14 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Polk17
    Keymaster

I ordered Kiefer's Blend H from Protein Factory, and I don't know if I screwed up the flavoring, or it just doesn't taste good, but it is really bad. I mean hard to stomach, and I can usually choke down anything. I think I read somewhere that Kiefer says the Casein Hydrosolates generally taste bad? Just curious if anyone else had these issues, or if anyone got a flavor combination that tastes OK.

Kris1501

You didn't screw up the flavoring… It tastes disgusting, plain and simple. Hydrolosates taste vile… Nothing you can really do to mask the taste without affecting the benefits of the shake… I just down it as quickly as I can, worst thing you can do is sip it.

Polk17

OK, thanks. What I have done so far is mix 1 Scoop Blend H w/ 3 scoops Universal Torrent… It DEFINTELY makes Torrent taste worse, when it is usually unbelievably good, but it is much easier to get down than it alone… Thanks for the reply…

Tanner Fox
    Participant

Blend H is not for the weak but it works well.

They really do taste like burnt rubber… that's why if you are doing shake piece by piece and making it yourself Peptopro is a good thing to have around.

I add 60g of rilose which is very sweet and i cant wait to drink after workout

Polk17

I add 60g of rilose which is very sweet and i cant wait to drink after workout

You drink Rilose w/ the Blend H, and it tastes good?

yup, I ordered chocolate with splenda I use 2 scoops with 60g rilose and sometimes 50g rilose + 50g dextrose depending on day but taste great both ways

stephenhdmrs

I also mix my blend h with maltodextrin(cherry flavored).  The cherry does a great job of masking the flavor.  Takes like cherry cough syrup(but better).  My little brother took a scoop not knowingly and he said he almost threw up.  He had to throw it away.  If you mix it with milk it's drinkable but then your drink contains fat.

Chase102798

I ordered Kiefer's Blend H from Protein Factory, and I don't know if I screwed up the flavoring, or it just doesn't taste good, but it is really bad. I mean hard to stomach, and I can usually choke down anything. I think I read somewhere that Kiefer says the Casein Hydrosolates generally taste bad? Just curious if anyone else had these issues, or if anyone got a flavor combination that tastes OK.

Having tried all the hydros from PF, the peptopro is one of the best tasting of all of them (the only one I use now) and the fastest digesting with the lowest molecular weight. However, it is VERY expensive, but you only use about 1/2 scoop in a PWO shake so it lasts a long time. The hydro wheys that are in blend H are nasty but I think he selected them for their good quality vs. cost effectiveness . My formula is 12-15g pepto, 20g native whey isolate, 10 g micellar casein, 5g leucine, 5g creapure, 40-60 rilose or dextrose. This is very good tasting and if you remove the carbs for prep or such it is still pretty good. FYI, in my opinion Hydrolyzed Caseinate 1300 and hydro whey 520 from PF are the worst tasting.

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

@Chase102798  So what are the percentages that you put in at PF for the shake you have formulated? Or in general can anyone tell me have to convert the grams in the CBL book to percentages on PF for shake formulationThey mention a youtube video on how to do this but i cannot find it

Chase102798

Rakesh,I usually just buy all the components separate now and mix them myself that way I can go off creatine for awhile if I want and so on. Plus, PF runs deals on certain proteins different times of the year. I just got 5 lbs of peptopro at new years for something like 20% or 30% off and creatine for a big discount so that helps alot with cost. When I was using the custom formula this was my standard order:peptopro 15%Native whey (or whatever isolate you like) 10%Membrane Micellar Casein 10%rilose 30%dextrose 30%*Leucine 5% (the leucine peptides on the custom lab don't taste good. The Ajinomoto Instant L-Leucine that is only available in component form is near tasteless if this bothers you, but you have to add it in manually. This is what I do.)For a 100 gram  serving, this will give you roughly 55 g carbs and 35 g protein. That is about four scoops. You could factor creatine in or buy it separate. This works out to just under $11.00 per pound, which doesn't sound like much but you are going to need alot of it since there is only about 4-5 servings per pound. Going all dextrose could help with cost if you are OK with dextrose. You could substitute some pepto for another hydro but once again the bad taste factor is going to go way up.

soulmind

I will NOT do blend H without dextrose.  It tastes awful.  I will say that my results since switching have been impressive though so it's worth it!

paul1027

Tastes like shit but it sure does work. Buy results not flavor. Just slam it and move on.

stumprrp

Ill let you guys know how blend H in strawberry with 50g rilose is on Monday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Anybody have taste issues w/ Blend H?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?