anyone experiencing weak workouts on cns

• This topic has 4 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Newfiedan
    Participant

So this is my second carb nite and I worked out at 5 pm today but I noticed that I was only at about 75% at best on my lifts and felt genuinely weak like I did not have the same oomph I am used to. I know that some ppl on cns have noted this but on my first carb nite I actually was stronger on my lifts and expected much the same today. I listened to my body and did not go beyond my limits but is this something I should be expecting to feel on cns. I did look much more ripped post workout but I did not like the weaker feeling I got from this workout at all.

soulmind

I noticed the same thing while doing CN for a month.  Your body will never be the same machine everyday (kind of Kiefer's mantra regarding Shockwave) and CN is not designed for strength or muscle gains.  I know that your main goal has been trying to lean out but based on the photos you have been posting in your log I would switch to CBL (especially if you're getting bummed out by lower workout energy).  If you put on muscle without adding fat you will appear leaner.  Plus you could always zig-zag the diets (i.e. do three to four weeks heavy lifting with CBL and one or two weeks on a deloading phase using CN).

sckiely
    Participant

I noticed the same thing while doing CN for a month.  Your body will never be the same machine everyday (kind of Kiefer's mantra regarding Shockwave) and CN is not designed for strength or muscle gains.  I know that your main goal has been trying to lean out but based on the photos you have been posting in your log I would switch to CBL (especially if you're getting bummed out by lower workout energy).  If you put on muscle without adding fat you will appear leaner.  Plus you could always zig-zag the diets (i.e. do three to four weeks heavy lifting with CBL and one or two weeks on a deloading phase using CN).

+1

Newfiedan
    Participant

Yeah I am starting to think that may be the best approach for me, I ate like a fat kid last night lol, downed a whole medium chicken supreme pizza and about an hour later ate a frosted cinnamon role and then a cherry cheese danish I do not know where the heck I was putting it but it went down easy. Woke this morning looking trimmer and felt tighter. I did certainly experience a rise in body temp but did not get the night sweats, should I be concerned about that? I want to make sure I am experiencing what I should be here.

soulmind

Rise in body temp sounds right.  Did you have any freaky dreams?

bako71

Yeah I am starting to think that may be the best approach for me, I ate like a fat kid last night lol, downed a whole medium chicken supreme pizza and about an hour later ate a frosted cinnamon role and then a cherry cheese danish I do not know where the heck I was putting it but it went down easy. Woke this morning looking trimmer and felt tighter. I did certainly experience a rise in body temp but did not get the night sweats, should I be concerned about that? I want to make sure I am experiencing what I should be here.

I didn't get the night sweats on my second carbnite either which I found a little strange.  I ate about 400g too about a 100 more than last week.  I normally sleep really deep but on Carbnites I am more restless when I sleep. 

Newfiedan
    Participant

I usually have pretty lucid dreams anyhow soulmind but this time around yes they were a little more intense. This is only my second run around on the carb nite I skipped the official 2nd because I had messed up and went over my 30 grams usable carbs on 2 days so I decided to prolong it an additional week. This is my 3rd week on the diet. Seeing great results thus far in terms of scale loss and starting to see some faint outter ab lines.

Newfiedan
    Participant

I do not know why or where the strength came from today but I did a monster leg workout, crushed some personal bests that are only 3 weeks old. Did 2 sets 10 reps of 400 lb leg presses, then did 2 sets 10 100 lb sumo squats followed up with an additional 20 lbs on both leg extensions and leg curls, it was killer. I was pumped and worked them to total exhaustion. It's an awesome feeling smashing personal bests.

mjnewland

Are you getting enough fats in your diet?

Newfiedan
    Participant

yessir, 1 gram min per lb of bodyweight on a 1:1 ratio to my protein as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

anyone experiencing weak workouts on cns

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?