Bands

• This topic has 6 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I've never used bands, so I have no idea what to look for.Do you guys have any recommendation on types, styles, and brand names?Also, how long do they normally last?Thanks. 🙂

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I've never used bands, so I have no idea what to look for.Do you guys have any recommendation on types, styles, and brand names?Also, how long do they normally last?Thanks. 🙂

What do you want to use them for?

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Pull-aparts to start with.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Thanks. 🙂

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Ok, dumb question… 😀Is the 41" length measured as a loop? So if it's cut or broken, I'd have an 82" long single piece?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ok, dumb question... 😀Is the 41" length measured as a loop? So if it's cut or broken, I'd have an 82" long single piece?

Yes

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Ok, thanks.Does doubling the band effectively double the resistance? Or does the ratio change because the ROM is shortened (by doubling)?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ok, thanks.Does doubling the band effectively double the resistance? Or does the ratio change because the ROM is shortened (by doubling)?

Theoretically yes.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks again. 🙂

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Ok… one more.If they're only used 1-2 times per week and not over-stretched (or otherwise abused), how long do bands normally last without significant degradation?

Robert x Oleary
    Participant

The gym I instruct at uses them daily multiple times a day and have to replace them every few months. Many wome with Warranties.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

These are Jump Stretch Flexbands I'm looking at, and they have a 1 yr warranty.I won't be wearing them out with use, just wondering how long the rubber will last before it starts deteriorating to any noticeably degree.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ok... one more.If they're only used 1-2 times per week and not over-stretched (or otherwise abused), how long do bands normally last without significant degradation?

I've had mine for two years and they seem fine.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Sounds good. Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bands

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?