Basketball – effects on lifting?

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

skinnykid13
    Keymaster

Does anyone here play basketball? I have two questions:1. I was wondering how this affects lifting if done either before or after a program such as Starting Strength (3x5 compound lifts) in terms of what cardio does in conjunction with lifting to affect the growth hormone/insulin response. 2. If on a density bulking protocol, is it advised to take in carbs before or during a 2 hour basketball session? These lengthy sessions would be on non-lifting days.Also, if there's anyone here under 6 ft tall who can either dunk or touch rim, please post some squat/power clean numbers so I can see where I should aim for my lifts. I'm currently 140 lb with a 205 squat (3x5) and 95 power clean (5x3), but I'm still a good 4-6 inches away from the rim.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

1. I would split the basketball and lifting with at least a couple of hours. Lifting right after cardio = less energy for lifts.Cardio after lifting = less tGLUT2. no

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Just follow standard carb backloading protocol.  Also listen to what Draugluir said.

catalyst187

Are you just playing basketball or are you on a rep team at the moment?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Basketball – effects on lifting?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?