Bean ok for low carb?

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luis S.

So today for dinner i had about a cup of beans thinking it was all good since they were mainly fiber. After reading the label i realized they had quite a bit of carbs. Do these carbs fall under fiber, or are they usable carbs? And im on my 6th night of orientation phase, would this screw up everything and make me have to start all over again?

Newfiedan
    Participant

usable carbs by definition is carbs – fiber. So the end result is that you can eat the foods you want if they fit into the 30 g or less of usable carbs per day.

masZUL
    Participant

it depends on the bean.Most labels break out fiber if this one didn't then you might have gotten "usable carbs"

Naomi Most

So today for dinner i had about a cup of beans thinking it was all good since they were mainly fiber. After reading the label i realized they had quite a bit of carbs. Do these carbs fall under fiber, or are they usable carbs? And im on my 6th night of orientation phase, would this screw up everything and make me have to start all over again?

The nutrition label should say "fiber" for the fiber portion of the food.  Total carbs minus the fiber number equals usable carbs.I can't think of a single bean you could eat even half a cup of without spoiling your carb total for the day...There's a reason beans don't appear in CBL or in Carb Nite.

Luis S.

Dam not what i wanted to hear lol but thanks for the response Naomi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bean ok for low carb?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?