Been on CNS for the last week…

• This topic has 4 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tallywhacker
    Keymaster

and enjoying the experience.Actually pretty shocked at the energy levels throughout as well. I was on the Anabolic Diet last year and within 3 days I felt like I was dying! Sore head, lack of energy, serious carbs craving.None of those symptoms have appeared during my time on CNSAnyway I purchased the book today (Been doing the diet on info I have picked up here and there) and it will be interesting to see if I have been doing it properly.Over the last ten days my diet has consisted of8am - 12am - Kiefer coffee x 2  1pm - 5 egg omelette with bacon, prawns, chorizo and salami4pm - 250g ground beef (20% fat), 175g Brocolli, 125g Brussel Sprouts, Handful of spinach8pm - 250g ground beef (20% fat), 175g Brocolli, 125g Brussel Sprouts, Handful of spinachUsing CO and EVOO for fats as wellAs you can see I have kept it super simple. So far feeling a little leaner but the effects arent too noticeable. Obviously I expect thisI am also doing 5/3/1 and prowler work for training.Would appreciate if anyone could chime in and tell me if I am on the road to glory 😀Thanks guys!

Good stuff Tallywhacker!If I were to suggest any tweaks they would be:

• Check the per-meal usable carbs from what you are eating - I find that any more than 200g of 'veg' brings me close to the 10g usable carbs/meal upper limit - it's possible that you may be over.
    • More recent advice from the man-himself suggests preferring animal fats over plant-derived fats (see his detox diet article) - so swap out your EVOO for butter/lard/other - or more Coconut oil (which is an 'allowed' plant-derived fat)
    • You got a handle on the 50:50 protein(g):fat(g) ratio? Just checking  🙂

..but, I would suggest you have pretty much got it nailed.PS - be aware the book is old and some suggestions in there have been superseded by newer stuff in these forums, e.g. you *should* skip breakfast, you *should* eat same/more fat then protein by weight, etc. Ask if you need clarification.

zewski

Yea I'd listen to all of the podcasts before you read the book for tips. Specifically the Q&A's

Tallywhacker

• Check the per-meal usable carbs from what you are eating - I find that any more than 200g of 'veg' brings me close to the 10g usable carbs/meal upper limit - it's possible that you may be over.
    • More recent advice from the man-himself suggests preferring animal fats over plant-derived fats (see his detox diet article) - so swap out your EVOO for butter/lard/other - or more Coconut oil (which is an 'allowed' plant-derived fat)

..but, I would suggest you have pretty much got it nailed.PS - be aware the book is old and some suggestions in there have been superseded by newer stuff in these forums, e.g. you *should* skip breakfast, you *should* eat same/more fat then protein by weight, etc. Ask if you need clarification.

Cheers mateI was under the impression that you could eat as many green veggies as you want? The sprouts have as much fibre as they do carbs?Yeah been hammering the coconut oil. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive!The ground beef is the fattiest option available. 24g of fat and 23g of protein per 100g. Thanks for the input guys. Just had my first carb nite. Went crazy on the cupcakes and cookies. Felt tired which didn't help as I was doing a backshift at work 😮Back to the grind tomorrow.

Kaprice

Yea I'd listen to all of the podcasts before you read the book for tips. Specifically the Q&A's

Where do we find the podcasts? Are there specific ones to CNS? Or, are they all general or all over the place?

There's a site with most of them on:http://dangerouslyhardcore.fm/biojacked/..also a board in this forum (links to download in the threads usually):http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?board=44.0..also on iTunesThe last few are missing unfortunately (I imagine due to issues surrounding Naomi leaving), but hopefully they'll be there at some point.

Cheers mateI was under the impression that you could eat as many green veggies as you want? The sprouts have as much fibre as they do carbs?Yeah been hammering the coconut oil. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive!The ground beef is the fattiest option available. 24g of fat and 23g of protein per 100g. Thanks for the input guys. Just had my first carb nite. Went crazy on the cupcakes and cookies. Felt tired which didn't help as I was doing a backshift at work 😮Back to the grind tomorrow.

Yeah, actually those veg aren't as bad as I thought - probably still a touch over though:http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=175g+broccoli+%2B+125g+brussel+sprouts..remember 10g is the upper limitI find that 20% beef mince is the way to go too - perfect 1g:1g protein:fat ratio - also tends to be the cheapest to buy too.. result!

Tallywhacker

Yeah, actually those veg aren't as bad as I thought - probably still a touch over though:http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=175g+broccoli+%2B+125g+brussel+sprouts..remember 10g is the upper limitI find that 20% beef mince is the way to go too - perfect 1g:1g protein:fat ratio - also tends to be the cheapest to buy too.. result!

Cool mateDoes this mean I have messed up the recalibration phase if I have been consuming that amount of carbs?

No, probably not. If you 'feel' like you have then just push your next Carb Nite back a couple of extra days and you will have re-done a prep phase!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Been on CNS for the last week…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?