Berberine HCL

• This topic has 6 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Opinions?For anyone that is not familiar with this -Berberine HCLBerberine is an extract found in several different plants, it shows promise in the treatment of diabetes for numerous reasons. Berberine lowered fasting and postprandial Blood glucose levels through Glut-4 translocation and increased insulin receptor expression. . One study showed that berberine works as effectively as Metformin and it was able to improve lipid parameters more effectively. A secondary outcome of this study was a decrease in body fat. A possible reason for the weight change is that berberine increased insulin sensitivity which may be related to fat distribution. Another possibility for the reduction in weight comes from inhibiting adipocyte differentiation through a specific pathway called the PPARy pathway.

also Banaba Extract (Corsolic Acid)has been said to stimulate GLUT4 as well

Bonesaw93

Yea, I've been collecting and reading studies on this supplement and it looks extremely promising.  It has shown evidence of all that you've said as well as some additional mechanisms.  As far as I can deduce all the mechanisms haven't been locked down yet.  I'm still researching but so far it looks good.  I'd like to see some good human trials though.  On the plus side apparently it was used in traditional medicine and has been shown to be very safe.  I found some on Amazon and am about to buy a bottle or two and check out how well it works.  It's not that expensive.

First thanks for the response lolI have an idea for a great supplement for CBL based on this Cinnamon and a few other ingredients. Between all of them, Glut 4 translocation should be further stimulated passed what happens after a workout. My thoughts are actually that it could help translocation with any workout not just heavy lifting.

Justin Guimond
    Participant

Done any experimentation with this supplement yet?

Gnomer
    Participant

gotta look at the dates of these threads man this one is over 2 years old

Scope75

I think he's been poked in both eyes.

Gnomer
    Participant

;D

Gl;itch.e

;D

Come on guys he's doing the right thing here. He's asking in a old thread so that he doesn't have to create a new one. Plus since it has been two years maybe someone has tried this stuff and can give him an opinion. Unfortunately that aint me!

Spatz

I was thinking along the same lines.. If he had asked about it in a new thread at least one person would push him to use the search function next time as there was already a thread about it. We're kind of callous on the interwebs even when we don't mean to be that way.

Gnomer
    Participant

I was thinking along the same lines.. If he had asked about it in a new thread at least one person would push him to use the search function next time as there was already a thread about it. We're kind of callous on the interwebs even when we don't mean to be that way.

i was more stating if he expected someone to answer from the thread who posted previously he should not expect a response since the thread is this old.. he posted in another old thread asking a question to the OP who hasn't posted in over a year..

Spatz

That's exactly what I was talking about when I said callous. It's not that anyone is intentionally trying to be unkind, we just have started to get very short with our responses and they get taken the wrong way, and in the end we push out people who are looking for answers. If you had just said what you elaborated on, it totally makes perfect sense.All I'm saying is that we may need to give more thought to what we are trying to say before typing, as everyone is just trying to learn, no matter how silly some of the questions seem. (Not talking about this one specifically.) Elaboration truly is wonderful, and sometimes needed. 🙂

Alca
    Participant

iam going to buy the supp, seems good stuff, I hope someone with greater knowledge can respond to this.Gonna ask on the FB Group too.

https://alcaflow.com - for fitness, travel, personal development and more
    - CBL / CNS related content!

Alca
    Participant

This causes me to reconsider thoughWhat do you think"•The increase in AMPK will inherently suppress muscle hypertrophy in muscle cells. You can attenuate this by inducing PGC-1a (happens with intense workouts) but this also sort of suppresses AMPK in these tissues (AMPK will still be active in the liver and fat cells, so those tissue effects would be preserved). Pairing Berberine with intense exercise that contracts your muscle cells would be prudent and may reverse the muscle suppressing effects of Berberine. Another reason to lift weights or do powerful aerobic exercise like rowing I guess"

https://alcaflow.com - for fitness, travel, personal development and more
    - CBL / CNS related content!

Gl;itch.e

This causes me to reconsider thoughWhat do you think"•The increase in AMPK will inherently suppress muscle hypertrophy in muscle cells. You can attenuate this by inducing PGC-1a (happens with intense workouts) but this also sort of suppresses AMPK in these tissues (AMPK will still be active in the liver and fat cells, so those tissue effects would be preserved). Pairing Berberine with intense exercise that contracts your muscle cells would be prudent and may reverse the muscle suppressing effects of Berberine. Another reason to lift weights or do powerful aerobic exercise like rowing I guess"

I just personally think that isolated compounds like this are not really worth experimenting with, unless you've got an absolutely perfect diet that's rich in the more important nutrients such as the Vitamin's A, D, K, and Minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium etc. If these aren't in line then I really think money and attention is better spent sorting them out.If glucose utilization and uptake is your main concern then make sure you are training hard and heavy enough. Any supplemental intervention isn't likely to be anywhere near as powerful as that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Berberine HCL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?