Best split I’ve used!

• This topic has 1 voice and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I've been bodybuilding, consistently, since Oct. 2009.  I've used a LOT of different splits, in that time.  I have to say, my recovery, my strength, gains, etc. have never been better than when I use Dorian Yates' split.I am not talking about using his program (and/or exercises) "Blood & Guts", JUST the daily split set-up.MONDAY - Delts, Traps, Triceps & AbsTUESDAY - Back, Rear Delts & ForearmsWEDNESDAY - restTHURSDAY - Chest, Biceps & AbsFRIDAY - restSATURDAY - Quads, Hams & CalvesSUNDAY - restGive it a try, def. recommend it.  I am currently running CNS.  The exercise selection, sets and rep-ranges are all my own device, I just borrowed his split.Anyone else use any splits that have really sky-rocketed recovery and gains?  What diet protocol are you running (CNS or CBL SA/DB)?Cory

mooseloroose

Hey Cory I've done that split before when I competed in bodybuilding. That's a good split. I've move on to more of a Intensity/Hypertrophy split now, sort of like Layne Norton's PHAT. However, I modified it different. My goals now are Max Strength but while maintaining my aesthetics and never over train. I do Heavy Pulls Mon. Heavy Push Tuesday. Wed Off. Thurs OFF Friday Hypertrophy Pulls Sat Hypertrophy Push Sun OFF… My volume is low Monday & Tuesday weight is heavy but no grinder sets ever (as this will blow out your CNS for the rest of the week). Hypertrophy day is higher volume and basically just going for a nice pump and burn again no grinders reps… If the set is 12… Then when you reach the 12th rep you should feel like you could have squeezed out 3 more. The whole idea is stimulate, don't annihilate… This combined with CBL my dead PRs and Bench PRs are shooting sky high… Sumo Deads I get 455 for sets of 3 with great form … Bench 405 for sets of 5… So far so good!!!

Hey Cory I've done that split before when I competed in bodybuilding. That's a good split. I've move on to more of a Intensity/Hypertrophy split now, sort of like Layne Norton's PHAT. However, I modified it different. My goals now are Max Strength but while maintaining my aesthetics and never over train. I do Heavy Pulls Mon. Heavy Push Tuesday. Wed Off. Thurs OFF Friday Hypertrophy Pulls Sat Hypertrophy Push Sun OFF... My volume is low Monday & Tuesday weight is heavy but no grinder sets ever (as this will blow out your CNS for the rest of the week). Hypertrophy day is higher volume and basically just going for a nice pump and burn again no grinders reps... If the set is 12... Then when you reach the 12th rep you should feel like you could have squeezed out 3 more. The whole idea is stimulate, don't annihilate... This combined with CBL my dead PRs and Bench PRs are shooting sky high... Sumo Deads I get 455 for sets of 3 with great form ... Bench 405 for sets of 5... So far so good!!!

I like it... "stimulate, don't annihilate."  Great advice from Mr. Haney.

PRD

Hey Cory I've done that split before when I competed in bodybuilding. That's a good split. I've move on to more of a Intensity/Hypertrophy split now, sort of like Layne Norton's PHAT. However, I modified it different. My goals now are Max Strength but while maintaining my aesthetics and never over train. I do Heavy Pulls Mon. Heavy Push Tuesday. Wed Off. Thurs OFF Friday Hypertrophy Pulls Sat Hypertrophy Push Sun OFF... My volume is low Monday & Tuesday weight is heavy but no grinder sets ever (as this will blow out your CNS for the rest of the week). Hypertrophy day is higher volume and basically just going for a nice pump and burn again no grinders reps... If the set is 12... Then when you reach the 12th rep you should feel like you could have squeezed out 3 more. The whole idea is stimulate, don't annihilate... This combined with CBL my dead PRs and Bench PRs are shooting sky high... Sumo Deads I get 455 for sets of 3 with great form ... Bench 405 for sets of 5... So far so good!!!

Hey mooseloroose,Do you mind elaborating on your routine? I'd be interested in doing something similar down the road.Thanks in advance,PRD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best split I’ve used!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?