Best whey protein powder(s) in UK?

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rsaeire
    Participant

I'm loving this site and have read Kiefer's posts numerous times in order to soak up all the information, especially those regarding which protein supplements to use.One thing I've been trying to work on is managing the protein supplements I use and choosing the right ones for me. I had been using Hemp protein powder until I discovered that by the time it took effect, the window for maximum growth after my workout had been and gone. I also recently bought a 2.5 KG tub of powdered egg white protein powder, which isn't going to help me as much as I'd hoped either for the same reason.Now I'm looking at buying a whey protein powder, or a mixture like Kiefer recommends, however, I'm finding it difficult to find a company/companies that offer not only quality products, but who are based within Europe, preferably the UK, as this would mean shipping wouldn't be so expensive.I understand that Protein Factory and True Nutrition are some of the best in the US, but does anybody know of similar companies based in the UK? While I could order from either of the aforementioned companies, it's cost prohibitive when factoring in shipping costs; it's approx. $55 for shipping from True Nutrition for Blend 1 alone!I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer  🙂

Kris1501

Rsaeire
    Participant

Hi Kris. Thanks for the link.I came across MyProtein a few months ago, but it seemed like all the other companies, i.e. selling so many different products that all claim to improve your body/workout/life etc. While these companies do need to champion their products, it makes it hard to differentiate the good from the abysmal.I'll make sure to give them another look, based on your recommendation. Cheers!

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

bulkpowders is good too!

Rsaeire
    Participant

Cheers Draugluir, I'l check that site out too.  😉

Rsaeire
    Participant

I went ahead and ordered a 2.5 KG pouch of Impact Whey Protein from MyProtein earlier in the week and received it today. As I'll be working out tomorrow morning, I'll get to try it for the first time. From all the reviews I've read, it looks to be an excellent whey protein powder so only time will tell.With that said, my weights collection consists solely of a pair of dumbbells (15 lbs per dumbbell), so I'll be looking to buy a new, heavier set with a barbell soon in order to see even more gains than I have already.

Bartleby83

Aloha!I like the products of myprotein. They arent too expensive and the quality is very good as far as I could say. I could recommend it. All shakes could be mixed with the solo ingredients.Alex

Rsaeire
    Participant

I've been thinking of ways in which to make Blend D and H from protein powders from Myprotein, since sourcing my protein from Proteinfactory would be too expensive given that I'm based in Europe. As Myprotein's a company recommended by members here and one I've previously sourced products from, I thought it best to stick with them.I went searching for all the ingredients for Blend D, which is a mix of whey and casein proteins in different forms, e.g. isolates and hydrolysed, but I am unable to find micellar casein on Myprotein's website, only products that contain 80% casein, 20% whey, e.g. Impact Milk Isolate, Milk Protein Smooth etc. So here's my question, are either of these products suitable replacements for Heliogen Casein by Protein Factory?Additionally, please find below my list, so far, of protein products from Myprotein with which to make both Blend's D and H:

Hydrolysed Whey Protein

• PeptoPro
  • Impact Whey Isolate
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best whey protein powder(s) in UK?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?