Bio Feedback

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

nz6stringaxe
    Keymaster

Not exactly sure where this should be posted, apologies in advance.Kiefer and a couple of other coaches have led me to begin focusing on bio feedback to assess how I slept, how I feel, how well my training went, how that meal made me feel, how driven I am to procreate for fun, etc. He has mentioned several things in articles or podcasts I've listened to. Some basic examples are feeling hungry upon waking, feeling full upon waking, and feeling tired (or not) after a really insulinotropic carb-based meal.I wanted to open a discussion, hopefully with liberal input from the man himself, regarding various forms of biofeedback as they pertain to diet, training, recovery, and everything in between.I would also like to remind the more experienced users that what may seem obvious to you is not necessarily obvious to someone else who has never experienced or made the associations to a particular "feeling" or signal.(Disclaimer, I haven't yet started a CBL plan, so it's not a given that I'm currently eating that way.)Let's start with something I've noticed recently. When I train and have a carb shake after with a carby meal a while after, I feel pretty good. My blood flows strongly, I'm generally warm, and I'm relaxed without being energy-deprived. Later in the day, if I have a carby meal (sandwich with turkey burger patties and pure whey shake in water) I feel much more tired, within about 10-15min.My intuitive logic (the birth of broscience?) tells me that my carbs are being better utilized when they're closer to my training. It reminds me of a test that many coaches recommend, Christian Thibaudeau in particular. They say have a carby breakfast upon waking and depending on how you feel (lethargic or superman) will give you insight to how your body is handling its carbs.Any comments? Can we bring in some more examples of biofeedback in training, diet, or recovery?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bio Feedback

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?