Body / Muscle Anatomy

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

Just wondering if someone  (maybe even keifer) could reference a legitamit resource to obtain a greater understanding of muscle anatomy / functionality.  i am interested, as well as others, in learning precise functionality of each muscle….  i think CBL/CNS has spiked some curiosity  toward learning about our own bodies (while acheiving exceptional results).Maybe we can get some  dh-approved links in the future    🙂

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm an Athletic Trainer so I (hopefully) can answer those questions.

sckiely
    Participant

There are some good resources to understand the basics:-Strength training anatomy (book) is quite good for understanding which muscles/ joints are being activated during various exercisesAlso Exrx (website) has a lot of this information.A basic personal training textbook will explain movement patterns etc.

Big_R
    Participant

There are some good resources to understand the basics:-Strength training anatomy (book) is quite good for understanding which muscles/ joints are being activated during various exercisesAlso Exrx (website) has a lot of this information.A basic personal training textbook will explain movement patterns etc.

Funny you mention that, i found Exrx online (somehow stumbled upon it) i just didn't know if it was reputable.Dmunnee, thanks for the reply. I didnt have any specific questions, was just looking to increase my knowledge base you could say. I didn't really have a starting point. I just feel like if i have a better understanding about how my body functions i can continue to lift correctly for years to come 🙂

ahoi
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Body / Muscle Anatomy

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?