Breakfast, Vitamins and Supplements on CNS

• This topic has 4 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Allenxld

OK People – I have a few questions:Should I skip Breakfast on the CNS program? I have read both books and the free download. I am interested in FAT LOSS as my main priority right now. Also, I am 48 so metabolism has slowed.Can I take my vitamin/mineral supplements in the morning if I skip breakfast? Or should I wait until my first meal and then take them? There are no carbs in the supplements. Also I am on a glyburide/metformin med that I absolutely have to take with food.I am going to do a hybrid of P90X - mostly the resistance training segments and skip the cardio during CNS. For off days I will be walking. The training involves pull-ups, push-ups and dumbbell training for the most part. Will this hinder FAT LOSS?I appreciate all responses.

Damon Amato
    Participant

for one things a multivitamin will have A, D, E, and K in it and those are all fat soluble vitamins.  If there is no fat to digest with them, you won't absorb them.  I generally take mine with my last meal of the night.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Since you are on medication you should probably ask your doctor. Do you take your meds in the morning with food?If skipping breakfast doesn't interfere with your meds, you could probably benefit from doing what Kiefer recommends for CBL: coffee with coconut oil in the morning, and eating breakfast around lunchtime.I can't see how resistance training could hinder fat loss. What it CAN do though, is build muscle - or stop muscle breakdown from dieting (that shouldn't happen much on CNS anyway) - and this will help you lose fat.

robhally

If you're goal is fat loss, skipping breakfast is something you definitely want to consider doing. To prolong ketogenesis even longer add a tbsp. of coconut oil to your coffee.As far as the supplementation goes, Dmunnee is right in that many supplements can only be absorbed properly with food. So hold off on the supplements until after you eat something.P90X in and of itself is a fat-loss program. I can attest to its effectiveness because I've done the program myself, all 90 days, and I definitely lost a TON of fat. The resistance training is basically one big circuit and will still burn plenty of calories.

Allenxld

Thanks.  I appreciate it. I am testing things this week before I start my official CNS next week. I get up at 3-3:30 am to be at work by 5. I did use the coconut oil this morning as well as 1/2 serving of whey in my coffee. I made it until 8:30 when I had to break down and eat a snack. This is when I took both meds and vitamins. Now am on lunch. So far no ill effects.

Brandon

I've found that taking my vitamins in the middle of the day gives me additional energy to get through the workout that I have planned later in the day. Be sure to take your vitamins first and then begin eating. This will help with absorption as your food pushes them through your body.Omegas, Calcium, multi, vitamin D work well when supplemented together.

Brandon

In addition, take your vitamins with water. Coffee and vitamins NOT a good combo!

Allenxld

Appreciate it Brandon. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Breakfast, Vitamins and Supplements on CNS

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?