Bulletproof Coffee

• This topic has 7 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

theilercabin

I am hoping at some point to get Kiefer's take on Dave Asprey and his version of Bulletproof coffee.  I have only recently began checking this guy out, so I don't have enough experience with him to offer any sort of educated opinion.  Yet I dig what I've read so far.  Check out this site and see what you think:  http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

Dave

yeah, Naomi mentioned this guys site and I've checked it out…pretty interesting. As far as the coffee goes, that's pretty much how I've been making my coffee since starting CB. I posted my schedule on the forums and Naomi suggested that I increase the fat of my coffee either through heavy whipping cream or butter. My coffee will either be 1 tbsp (or less) coconut oil and 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream or 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter.

Damon Amato
    Participant

did you buy the four barrel coffee?  I'm interested but it's $15.25 for 3/4lb.

Richard Schmitt

Ah I want to try this heavy whipping cream in my coffee…but I don't have any here to aquire. Till my order comes in I guess I could use butter that they got here. Afraid to get too much of the Dietary Fat Oils throughout the day, just due to the stupid “macros” with the whole “calorie” intake.

stephenhdmrs

Interesting article.  Thanks for sharing.  I kind of do this already.  I'm really big on the grass fed meats thing.  But recently as I've been researching it more, a lot of articles mention that yes everything about it is true, the good fats in it really aren't that much(even at x times more than corn fed beef) to make a difference.  I still stick to grass fed products anyways because I like the taste better.  I would think that grass fed heavy cream would be equivalent to butter.  Which is what I use.  Hopefully i'm one up on this(for once).  I also hope this doesn't cause a buying spree of Kerry Gold butter.  I love that butter and go through way too much every week.  It's sooo good.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I'm currently drinking my coffee with a few dollops of whipped cream made from my own heavy cream and a mixer.  It is just like I like all my drinks in life: fuckin delicious.

Richard Schmitt

I'm currently drinking my coffee with a few dollops of whipped cream made from my own heavy cream and a mixer.  It is just like I like all my drinks in life: fuckin delicious.

What does this the fucking delicious whipped cream consist of good sir?

Damon Amato
    Participant

just heavy cream in a deep bowl that you use an electric mixer on.  Takes about 45 seconds to get the right consistency of whipped cream, and then I add 1-2 packets of splenda.  Actually makes the coffee taste like dark hot chocolate.  I also like to top it with a bit of cinnamon.

Richard Schmitt

Sounds really good by the way, what type of “heavy whipped cream” is used? Like cool whip type or a special coffee type brand?

Naomi Most

You guys are in luck, Kiefer is getting interviewed by Dave Asprey on the Upgraded Self Podcast this month. They're doing the call on December 21st and then it'll get posted sometime after that.

Sounds really good by the way, what type of "heavy whipped cream" is used? Like cool whip type or a special coffee type brand?

Dear lord, no, nothing like cool whip. That stuff is at least 50% hydrogenated vegetable oil.Just "heavy whipping cream" from the dairy case. Or "manufacturing cream" will work.

Richard Schmitt

You guys are in luck, Kiefer is getting interviewed by Dave Asprey on the Upgraded Self Podcast this month. They're doing the call on December 21st and then it'll get posted sometime after that.

Sounds really good by the way, what type of "heavy whipped cream" is used? Like cool whip type or a special coffee type brand?

Dear lord, no, nothing like cool whip. That stuff is at least 50% hydrogenated vegetable oil.Just "heavy whipping cream" from the dairy case. Or "manufacturing cream" will work.

Whoops sorry ma'am! I didn't know...exactly why I asked. Never really got into coffee till I joined DH, so I'm still "new" to the art of drinking coffee

6by6

Heavy cream or whipping cream when whipped becomes whipped cream. 

theilercabin

Here's my concoction:  1-2 tablepsoons of high grade organic coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of MCT, 1, tablespoon of Kerry's grass-fed organic butter.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Just tried the bulletproof coffee recipe.  I'd call it meh.  I like heavy cream in it a lot better.

This bulletproof coffee, is pretty intense. I'm not sure how I would handle that, that early in the morning. When I have a lot of fats I get very flush in the face and hot, I might walk into work and people will thing I'm about to pass out…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bulletproof Coffee

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?