Bulletproof Coffee

• This topic has 7 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

This bulletproof coffee, is pretty intense. I'm not sure how I would handle that, that early in the morning. When I have a lot of fats I get very flush in the face and hot, I might walk into work and people will thing I'm about to pass out...

Oh  geez! Yeah I barely started putting oil in my coffee for the fat effect, and I feel really loopy and weird.

Oh  geez! Yeah I barely started putting oil in my coffee for the fat effect, and I feel really loopy and weird.

haha yeah, my body is very used to fat based diets so my metabolism boosts right up to burn fat. Which is why if I have a cheat meal like pizza or something actually greasy I look like I'm close to sweating lol.

Richard Schmitt

I think I'm feeling the effects of having a fat in my diet, mostly in my coffee and PWO shake, I feel it most when I use cayenne pepper in my foods. I start to sweat like crazy, lets me know that my metabolism is working and burning off the food I'm eating. Hopefully.

meier.2007

Just tried the bulletproof coffee recipe.  I'd call it meh.  I like heavy cream in it a lot better.

I also tried it the other day, but wasn't really convinced by the stuff. I like some VCO in my morning coffee, though, especially if I do cardio afterwards

theilercabin

It would be expensive as shit to augment the coffee with a quality grass-fed dairy butter, such as Kerry's Irish butter (only butter I use).  In Alaska it's around $5.50 for two sticks.  I would highly suggest, as previously stated coconut oil, and/or a little MCT oil.  And yes, not all MCT oils are the same. 

catalyst187

Anyone know of where to get grass fed butter in Alberta? can't find anywhere or anybody that ships here to Fort Mcmurray

khr86

is mct/coconut oil a no no if youre not doing cardio soon after? just relistened to the tanner fox cbl and he mentioned if using mct/CO, to make sure youre using them or the ketone burst will spike insulin.so is just going about normal day not "using them" enough? cardio needed?

is mct/coconut oil a no no if youre not doing cardio soon after? just relistened to the tanner fox cbl and he mentioned if using mct/CO, to make sure youre using them or the ketone burst will spike insulin.so is just going about normal day not "using them" enough? cardio needed?

You don't need to do cardio to use them.Just don't go taking 2, 3, 4 tbsp of them at a time.1-2 tbsp CO oil or 1 tbsp MCT oil and spike ketone production wont cause an insulin release but it will help bump you into ketogenesis.

Richard Schmitt

If you need more info on the whole ketones and ketogensis, read Kiefer's new article that I posted up in the Carb-Backloading threads. “K-Bombs”

Fairy

If you need more info on the whole ketones and ketogensis, read Kiefer's new article that I posted up in the Carb-Backloading threads. "K-Bombs"

I love that article. I hope he continues the series.

Richard Schmitt

If you need more info on the whole ketones and ketogensis, read Kiefer's new article that I posted up in the Carb-Backloading threads. "K-Bombs"

I love that article. I hope he continues the series.

I hope so too!

khr86

You don't need to do cardio to use them.Just don't go taking 2, 3, 4 tbsp of them at a time.1-2 tbsp CO oil or 1 tbsp MCT oil and spike ketone production wont cause an insulin release but it will help bump you into ketogenesis.

sounds good, i generally go with 1 tbsp CO oil and 1tbs heavy cream, just double checkingi think the CO oil, at least for me, produces a pretty noticeble effect when it bumps up  that ketogenesis a higher notch from sleep, after a couple of coffees even by noon really dont have a lot of appetite but my energy is consistently good. part probably caffine blunting it a bit, generally only end up eating for the sake of time management and getting in macros

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Bulletproof Coffee

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?