Can't lose anymore fat?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Linzy Slack
    Participant

I’ve been on CNS for 2 months. I started at around 113 pounds after the reorientation phase and I’m still at about the same weight when I weigh myself on the morning of my carb nite. I haven’t lost any strength in the gym, and I’ve actually gone up in strength. And even though I haven’t seen much of a change with the number on the scale, I can tell that I look a bit leaner than I did before. It’s not a huge difference considering I was sort of lean to begin with, but there is a difference. However I am still not as lean as I would like to be. Basically I can’t see my abs, and that’s what I want! I am 20 years old, 5’3 and currently 113 pounds. I don’t have very much muscle, and maybe that’s why it’s almost impossible for me to lose anymore fat. I look small, but there are some areas on my body that are more flabby than I would like. (Love handles and lower stomach) So I was wondering if I should switch to CBL to build some muscle mass for maybe a year and then go back to CNS to cut the fat so I can finally see my abs. I feel like I’ve reached my limit on how much fat my body will lose and since I am so small, it just won’t lose anymore. I feel like I need to bulk up. What do you guys think?

Richard Schmitt

How many times do you train? I really think you should do CBL. Being as lean as you are, with more muscle you’ll see the body you want. Could do 1g/LBM for carbs and maybe adjust from there. Use 1g/BW for protein and then fill the rest of calories with fats, maybe. 5-.6g/BW.

Linzy Slack
    Participant

Since CNS calls for less exercise, I’ve been lifting heavy 3 days a week but would prefer to lift 6 days a week. I think CBL would better suit my lifting as well.

Richard Schmitt

What type of training are you doing? You might do better with 4 workouts, so your body has a chance to recover and improve muscle growth.

Linzy Slack

I’ve been doing one day legs, one day back and bis, one day chest and tris and shoulders. So I’ve been working each muscle once a week. If I could workout 6 days a week I would just repeat that cycle with a rest day in between. So I’d be working each muscle twice a week. I do exercises such as squats, leg press, deadlifts, bench press, lat pull downs, shoulder press, etc. And also isolation moves like leg curls and extensions, bicep curls, tricep extension and push downs, etc. I do anywhere from 8-12 reps and 3 sets for each exercise. I go as heavy as I can. I’ve been lifting for about 9 months, although it’s mostly been a learning experience, I have put on a little bit of muscle from it. I’d like to put on a whole lot more though while either maintaining or even losing body fat. By the way thank you so much for replying and helping me out. I really do appreciate it so much. I’ve been trying to achieve the body I want for the past year or so just from reading all the misleading information online. It’s nice to finally be able to get advice from experienced people.

Robert Haas
    Participant

I agree with Tex. You are going to need more carbs to put on muscle with that much training. Dialing those carbs in will be the part requiring careful tracking and experimentation so you put on minimal fat.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Can't lose anymore fat?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?