Carb Back-Loading Questions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys!

A Few Questions………

1) DO we consume our post work-out shake right after our workout or 1 hour after?
    2) Can we take fat burners?
    3) Kiefer mentioned that he takes caffeine before his workout, but how about Sugar-Free Red bull?

Tony Sangimino

1. There are a lot of variables depending on what kind of training you’re doing, timing on your next workout, etc. We generally recommend waiting the hour as it allows the body to “come down” before trying to switch into a more PSNS state.

2. Fat burners are often caffeine with a few other stimulants. Use sparingly or in cycles to maximize their benefit and avoid dependence.

3. Caffeine in liquid form is best consumed 1hr pre workout. SF Red Bull is okay, not optimal.

MARY HRYCYK
    Participant

I just bought 1.0! I’m ready to kick off the new year and have been doing a pre-run through the program. I am confused on a few things:

1) Whipping cream; I am lactose intolerant. I’ve tried taking a lactose pill prior to drinking but my stomach is not accepting it at all! I was using Whole Life Milk. It has 6g of carbs for 1 cup. Can I still use this or should I switch to some sort of tea? Also pre/post workout, do you use milk or water?

2) Is honey an acceptable pre/post workout? Honey is supposed to be the best for pre/post workout because of it’s low GI. Can I use Honey in my pre/post workout shake during preparation stage or do i have to wait till after the preparation stage?

3) For the preparation phase, in the book it says, “the goal for all meals in this part of the day- ultra-low-part is to keep the total grams of carbs from meals under 30 grams. Does this include post workout/dinner? For the example meals it showed training times except for at night like 5 or 6. For those that train at this time, what kind of lunch/dinners do you do? Do you have to do salad/chicken for lunch? Or can you do ham steak and veggies for lunch and dinner?

4)Also, most programs base all muscle growth on 1- 1.5g of protein per pound of body weight. Does this no longer matter on the CBL program?

Please help!

Thanks,

Mayham

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by MARY HRYCYK.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

@mary-hrycyk

1) You could just not put anything in the coffee if you can’t stomach it or like it; the fats in the morning coffee is completely optional.

2) You want high glycemic carbs, not low. No carbs in the shakes during the prep phase, and no carbs in the pre-WO shake for the most part (very few exceptions). Honey is also not optimal as I believe it’s about half fructose and half glucose.

3) Yes; ULC all day, everyday during the prep phase.

4) Get enough to stimulate MPS, but no need to go excessively over. Shooting for around 0.8-1 gram / lbs of body weight is a good range.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

henry koheler
    Participant

When is carb backloading2.0 comming out? Looking forward to study it.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Waiting for CBL 2.0 is like waiting for the Second Coming of Jesus at this point

henry koheler
    Participant

Lol, thanks for answer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Back-Loading Questions?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?