Carb Nite fast food meals

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kvndai
    Keymaster

Hey guys, so in my other post i mentioned that im a college student who rarely has time to cook. My 1st ever carb nite is coming up tomorrow so i was just wondering what type of fast foods are good for carb nite.I was thinking something likelarge pad thailarge stuffed crust Supreme Pizza Hut and large meaty marinara pasta Pizza HutKFCPanda Expresshitting the school buffet dining courts (chinese food, burgers, desserts)are there any other restaurants that are cheap and efficient for carb nite?thanks

Naomi Most

I'm cringing, but I'd go for the Pizza Hut over all the rest. Strictly for glycemic reasons.  Throw in a dessert from the dining hall, perhaps.White rice is your best bet from the chinese foods. Not sure about pad thai but that could be the second-best option, since it's fried rice pasta basically.Man I am glad I'm not a student anymore. 🙂

stephenhdmrs

I think you might be surprised how cheap it is to make a whole lot of white rice + some chicken and/or beef to go with that or even some eggs.  The possibilities are endless and rice is dirt cheap.

soulmind

I would recommend against pizza hut.  Everything they make begins frozen and is no better than getting frozen pizza from the supermarket.  Even their “handtossed” comes in boxes as frozen disks.  Dominos is better in terms of freshness if you're going for a handtossed pizza.  I worked for both chains at one point.

kvndai

@soulmindI don't know what it is about the pizzahut pizzas, but they just taste so damn good to me. I had dominos before and i wasnt so fond of it =[@NaomiMy plan is to go to dining courts for my first carb nite meals, then afterwards i'll order pizza for the late night snackings mm.

Chuck

I love pizza hut:But on CN OR CBL it didnt work well for me, it felt like I retained water weight or fat from eating it, for instance I can eat a dozen doughnuts and feel lean in the morning or eat a pizza, and feel soft.I think it was do to the adverse fats with the high carbs, where as doughnuts are high carb.... plus sometimes you have to pat the pizza with a paper towel to soack up the greese....... Does this mean all never eat pizza hut again? Hell no.

Naomi Most

Been a Looooong time since I ate Pizza Hut (and I didn't even like it when I was regularly eating fast food). I suppose I shouldn't based recommendations for Pizza Hut on my recent experiences with pizza, which are far and away less greasy and gross…

soulmind

Been a Looooong time since I ate Pizza Hut (and I didn't even like it when I was regularly eating fast food). I suppose I shouldn't based recommendations for Pizza Hut on my recent experiences with pizza, which are far and away less greasy and gross...

Yeah, you get what you pay for and a good fresh made pizza is worth the extra dough to me.  SNARE, SNARE, CYMBAL!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Nite fast food meals

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?