Carb nite frequency

• This topic has 8 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Heisenberg
    Participant

Does anyone here have their carb nite every 4 or 5 days instead of the 7th? If so, how is that working for y'all?

Spatz

I've done every 5 from the get-go back in June of 2013… So far so good. 🙂 (not saying it would not have been more beneficial at the beginning to have gone 7 days… As I may have seen greater fat loss, but hey, slowly but surely 5 days worked well.)

cloudybrain
    Participant

The more lean you get, the more frequent your carb nites can be. The more obese you are, the further the carb nites have to be. Kiefer has stated the body type of an individual determines how frequent their carb nites should be.. as he talks about the differences between someone who is obese and someone who is athletic.

Heisenberg
    Participant

The more lean you get, the more frequent your carb nites can be. The more obese you are, the further the carb nites have to be. Kiefer has stated the body type of an individual determines how frequent their carb nites should be.. as he talks about the differences between someone who is obese and someone who is athletic.

I've done every 5 from the get-go back in June of 2013... So far so good. 🙂 (not saying it would not have been more beneficial at the beginning to have gone 7 days... As I may have seen greater fat loss, but hey, slowly but surely 5 days worked well.)

Thanks. I think I may try that out for a few weeks to see how it goes. I guess if its any more frequent than every 5th day it turns into CBL.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

This may be ok as a general guideline, but it's not true for everyone. A weekly carb nite jump-starts my system nicely, and I always show the most change about 3 days after (I could probably do a 5-day carb nite, but I like having it the same day each week). And I weighed around 400 lbs when I started CNS.My two cents. YMMV.

Scope75

This may be ok as a general guideline, but it's not true for everyone. A weekly carb nite jump-starts my system nicely, and I always show the most change about 3 days after (I could probably do a 5-day carb nite, but I like having it the same day each week). And I weighed around 400 lbs when I started CNS.My two cents. YMMV.

So are you saying you wouldn't do better by spacing your CNs out more than 7 days too??As a 400lb guy I bet going 10-14 days would be nothing but good for your fatloss goals.

Richard Schmitt

So are you saying you wouldn't do better by spacing your CNs out more than 7 days too??As a 400lb guy I bet going 10-14 days would be nothing but good for your fatloss goals.

+1.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

See, I am confused on that point.  Because, I read the book, and what I got from it was that around once per week was ideal... period.  I understand that folks without much of a fat loss goal can afford to have one more often -- that makes sense to me.  But I don't understand the logic that if someone has, say, 100 lbs to lose, they should be any different than someone who needs to lose 10, 20, 30...  I mean, if there is an ideal timeframe to "stoke the fire" and reset all of these fat-burning hormones, etc... what does it matter how MANY pounds you have to lose?  Fat-burning is fat-burning... No?Please tell me what I've missed.

See, I am confused on that point.  Because, I read the book, and what I got from it was that around once per week was ideal... period.  I understand that folks without much of a fat loss goal can afford to have one more often -- that makes sense to me.  But I don't understand the logic that if someone has, say, 100 lbs to lose, they should be any different than someone who needs to lose 10, 20, 30...  I mean, if there is an ideal timeframe to "stoke the fire" and reset all of these fat-burning hormones, etc... what does it matter how MANY pounds you have to lose?  Fat-burning is fat-burning... No?Please tell me what I've missed.

The leaner you are, the quicker leptins levels drop. Low leptins levels help signal overeating and fat storage. High leptin levels (one of the things that happens post carb nite) signals increased fat and caloric burn.The book is like, 8 years old. It needs some updating.

Richard Schmitt

I believe the podcast with Dr. Rocky Patel explains the why due to his clinical practice on his patients. Because of the extra mass an overly obese person has, can sustain longer durations of being ULC due to the body fat they already have. A leaner individual relies on fat fuels yes, but with minimal body fat, and training volume, they'll need more glucose.

Scope75

X2 on what tevor and tex said. Is there any Supps to increase leptin without carbs and insulin??

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

The leaner you are, the quicker leptins levels drop. Low leptins levels help signal overeating and fat storage.

This may explain why I should never have been having stretches of 7-8 days ULC while my trainer was measuring me at 14% bodyfat and I was working very hard in the gym.No wonder I had so much trouble sticking to the rules of CN and CBL before.  My body was screaming at me for something, but all I heard was "ice cream and tortilla chips!"  😀 ::)

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I wouldn't even consider it. My carb nite is Sunday, and before moving my workout to Mondays (where I also have another carb meal afterward), I would add an extra carb meal on Wednesday evenings because I started crashing every Thursday like clockwork (and eating more ULC didn't help).As mentioned, YMMV._

Scope75

I wouldn't even consider it. My carb nite is Sunday, and before moving my workout to Mondays (where I also have another carb meal afterward), I would add an extra carb meal on Wednesday evenings because I started crashing every Thursday like clockwork (and eating more ULC didn't help).As mentioned, YMMV._

So you have a CN on Sunday and carbs again on Monday and Wednesday and you crashed on Thursday????I find that hard to believe because haven't you said your workouts aren't that intense or long due to health problems so how are you burning threw your reserves that fast??To me it just sounds like a mental crash and you cave. I read all these post about how everyone feels they crash so quick and need carbs and just laugh because I'm a active guy with a active job and my workouts are great even after 6-7 days ULC.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

So you have a CN on Sunday and carbs again on Monday and Wednesday and you crashed on Thursday????

Lol, no. Read the post again. And stop trying to Dr Phil everyone. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb nite frequency

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?