Carb nite frequency

• This topic has 8 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Scope75

So you have a CN on Sunday and carbs again on Monday and Wednesday and you crashed on Thursday????

Lol, no. Read the post again. And stop trying to Dr Phil everyone. 😛

I Did read it says you have a CN sunday then carbs again on Monday and Wednesday with a crash on Thursday or am I misreading your post or explain what I'm not getting right. I don't Dr.Phil anyone but I have experience under my belt unlike you and can see threw all the im crashing/depleted post and know it's more of a I'm weak and caving.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Lol ok, sorry.Before moving my workout to Mondays (it was previously on Saturdays Sundays), I started crashing on Thursdays. And it wasn't mental, I could barely stand up from a chair. With one carb nite a week, ULC is a breeze for me otherwise.After moving my workout to Mondays, I added a carb meal afterwards, and dropped the Wednesday carb meal. And everything is working well so far.I know you have more experience, but I've been on CNS over 5 months now. And my experience is with my body, not yours. 😉

Scope75

I'll still stay it was a mental crash more than anything else. Just doesn't make since a not so active 400lb guy is crashing after a single workout unless your workout is like 8hrs long. Lol

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

There IS that sort of “no-man's land” where you can be having too many carbs+protein for your body to be forced into having to run efficiently on ketones…  Yet you are not taking in enough for your body to have a steady stream of glucose to run on, either.  THAT is not a good place to be, and can make you feel like crap.There is a distinct period of time needed for "keto-adaptation", and it varies from person to person.  Some may barely notice it, but for some it can be a bad adjustment... really bad.  This is the "carb-flu" or "keto-flu" that you hear about.  So what Mac is describing makes sense to me.  The choice is either to ride it out and get past it -- force your body to figure out the ketone thing -- or to eat more carbs and relieve the symptoms.

Scope75

There IS that sort of "no-man's land" where you can be having too many carbs+protein for your body to be forced into having to run efficiently on ketones...  Yet you are not taking in enough for your body to have a steady stream of glucose to run on, either.  THAT is not a good place to be, and can make you feel like crap.There is a distinct period of time needed for "keto-adaptation", and it varies from person to person.  Some may barely notice it, but for some it can be a bad adjustment... really bad.  This is the "carb-flu" or "keto-flu" that you hear about.  So what Mac is describing makes sense to me.  The choice is either to ride it out and get past it -- force your body to figure out the ketone thing -- or to eat more carbs and relieve the symptoms.

But choosing to not ride it out is known as CAVING or MENTALLY crashing it's nothing physical.

Jenelle Brewer
    Participant

But choosing to not ride it out is known as CAVING or MENTALLY crashing it's nothing physical.

Depends if your goal is to be in a state of ketosis or not.My goal was ketosis, so I rode it out.  I can assure you, it was quite physical.  😀

Scope75

Depends if your goal is to be in a state of ketosis or not.My goal was ketosis, so I rode it out.  I can assure you, it was quite physical.  😀

But it's the mental game that gets you threw it so you didn't cave like some do.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I'll still stay it was a mental crash more than anything else. Just doesn't make since a not so active 400lb guy is crashing after a single workout unless your workout is like 8hrs long. Lol

Lol, are you high or something?I'm not crashing at all now. And I wasn't crashing "after a single workout" before, it was happening on Thursdays (Carb Nite is Sunday), when my workout was just before Carb Nite (lol, I said Saturday but it was Sunday - sorry for the typo).You can say/think whatever ya want, but just because you're mental, doesn't mean I am... 😛 😀_

Scope75

Not high yet but I will be in about 10 minutes.

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Scope75

Heisenberg
    Participant

The more lean you get, the more frequent your carb nites can be. The more obese you are, the further the carb nites have to be. Kiefer has stated the body type of an individual determines how frequent their carb nites should be.. as he talks about the differences between someone who is obese and someone who is athletic.

Does kiefer say anything about how lean you have to be before you can add in another carb nite? How would I know if its time...

The more lean you get, the more frequent your carb nites can be. The more obese you are, the further the carb nites have to be. Kiefer has stated the body type of an individual determines how frequent their carb nites should be.. as he talks about the differences between someone who is obese and someone who is athletic.

Does kiefer say anything about how lean you have to be before you can add in another carb nite? How would I know if its time...

Everyone is different. He says you just have to experiment.

cloudybrain
    Participant

Yeh everyone is different.. you can't give accurate numbers. Kiefer started off with carb nite.. and started getting into carb backloading for different goals. The idea of closing in your carb nites came into play when you start plateauing in strength.Try coaching yourself by:Auto-regulating the diet; this really comes into play when you're experiencing a plateau effect. If you tried something for one week, see what happens when you try something different. If you don't see results (fat loss) for several weeks.. try separating your carb nites more.. if you don't see any muscle gains, bring them close together for several weeks.. it's all based on how you feel. If you still don't see results, see what you're eating and stick purely to a boring mundane yet 100% effective diet.Sometimes a boring effective diet can triumph over any diet that asks for excitement. Being on carb nite for 2 years, I wanted to try all kinds of fats and proteins. My fats came from cheese, nuts, avocados, animal fats, coconut oil, peanut oil.. etc. Anything that says 'fat' I'd eat, and I'd allow myself to have 30g carbs (didn't matter to me about insulin spike). But nothing worked.. regardless of cycles. So experimented, read a few articles, and decided I'd stick to animal fats, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream ONLY. I made sure that in my ULC days I'd only keep my insulin low.. and spike up in carb nite really high (including maltodextrin in my pwo). Even though my everyday meals seemed really boring, I figured I'd give this a few weeks.. and it totally worked.I'd say the same thing for working out as well. If you're seeing results from dieting, you'll see better results from getting a good workout routine.

Heisenberg
    Participant

Yeh everyone is different.. you can't give accurate numbers. Kiefer started off with carb nite.. and started getting into carb backloading for different goals. The idea of closing in your carb nites came into play when you start plateauing in strength.Try coaching yourself by:Auto-regulating the diet; this really comes into play when you're experiencing a plateau effect. If you tried something for one week, see what happens when you try something different. If you don't see results (fat loss) for several weeks.. try separating your carb nites more.. if you don't see any muscle gains, bring them close together for several weeks.. it's all based on how you feel. If you still don't see results, see what you're eating and stick purely to a boring mundane yet 100% effective diet.Sometimes a boring effective diet can triumph over any diet that asks for excitement. Being on carb nite for 2 years, I wanted to try all kinds of fats and proteins. My fats came from cheese, nuts, avocados, animal fats, coconut oil, peanut oil.. etc. Anything that says 'fat' I'd eat, and I'd allow myself to have 30g carbs (didn't matter to me about insulin spike). But nothing worked.. regardless of cycles. So experimented, read a few articles, and decided I'd stick to animal fats, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream ONLY. I made sure that in my ULC days I'd only keep my insulin low.. and spike up in carb nite really high (including maltodextrin in my pwo). Even though my everyday meals seemed really boring, I figured I'd give this a few weeks.. and it totally worked.I'd say the same thing for working out as well. If you're seeing results from dieting, you'll see better results from getting a good workout routine.

Thank you! You are so supportive and helpful!  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb nite frequency

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?