Carb Nite: Getting Stronger and Dropping Fat

• This topic has 14 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Bob Hagan
    Participant

physically strong and aesthetically lean – is there anything sexier in a woman?

joshua wright
    Participant

http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com/2113/carb-nite-how-you-can-and-should-get-stronger/

so what does high volume, heavier weight look like?should we try to deplete glycogen by HIIT if we want to build muscle strength?  i have heard some associations with a 30 min gap between that and your workout and it will help somehow.  i want to be ripped but still gain upper body mass in shoulders arms and chest. when he says 2 main movements is he saying compound movements or is he saying 2 exercises (i.e. flat bench, and incline bench)?

TheBrianRoth

I started working out using P90X (don't laugh, it got my fat ass off the couch) but am now wanting to train better. Since Kiefer and most of the CNS/CBL crew are advocates of weight training, I picked up the Shockwave PDF and iPhone app. I currently train at home using dumbbells (P90X, remember) and don't have any kind of gym membership. My question is: with the idea of getting stronger and dropping fat in mind, do you guys think I should just bite the bullet and go join a gym, or is Shockwave something I could do with dumbbells and body-weight?

I started working out using P90X (don't laugh, it got my fat ass off the couch) but am now wanting to train better. Since Kiefer and most of the CNS/CBL crew are advocates of weight training, I picked up the Shockwave PDF and iPhone app. I currently train at home using dumbbells (P90X, remember) and don't have any kind of gym membership. My question is: with the idea of getting stronger and dropping fat in mind, do you guys think I should just bite the bullet and go join a gym, or is Shockwave something I could do with dumbbells and body-weight?

Bite the bullet and get a gym membership or buy a power rack with a barbell and some plates and throw it in your garage.

CBachelor17

Thanks for the great link Tex. Awesome information there!

Richard Schmitt

You're welcome!!

spudmac

Hello,the link at the top of the page does not seem to be working, could that have to do with the name change of the site?Thanks

Richard Schmitt

Most likely

Peter Hunt
    Participant

Quick tip for those is to simply replace dangerouslyhardcore.com with athlete.io and scrap everything after the number. So in this case, http://athlete.io/2113/ works.

RN

Quick tip for those is to simply replace dangerouslyhardcore.com with athlete.io and scrap everything after the number. So in this case, http://athlete.io/2113/ works.

Yes!! Thanks Tigerite! That article was a good read.

djohnseiler

Thanks for this. Maybe Tex can replace the link at the top of the posts?

Hi to the group, I've read quite a few posts and find it mostly quite informative. I have a few questions, but my main ones revolve around exercise. I'm new into the CBS program, having completed my prep phase and one carb nite. I'm currently in the middle of my next LC phase with this Wednesday being my next carb nite. My question is: Is HIIT better to do than resistance training? I have a bowflex at home that I use currently. Also, is T25 Focus a form of HIIT?? If so, can I use the cardio video of that in conjunction with my bowflex workouts. I am 280 lbs with limited cardiovascular endurance and find most of the other T25 videos to be too much for me at this point, physically. If that makes sense, let me know. If I'm way off track on what HIIT is, please say so. Thank you in advance.

Penny Danner
    Participant

Hi to the group, I've read quite a few posts and find it mostly quite informative. I have a few questions, but my main ones revolve around exercise. I'm new into the CBS program, having completed my prep phase and one carb nite. I'm currently in the middle of my next LC phase with this Wednesday being my next carb nite. My question is: Is HIIT better to do than resistance training? I have a bowflex at home that I use currently. Also, is T25 Focus a form of HIIT?? If so, can I use the cardio video of that in conjunction with my bowflex workouts. I am 280 lbs with limited cardiovascular endurance and find most of the other T25 videos to be too much for me at this point, physically. If that makes sense, let me know. If I'm way off track on what HIIT is, please say so. Thank you in advance.

I dont' know about those programs for HIIT but I find that just going outside and running sprints or hill sprints or going to the school track for sprints ROCKS!!  No equipment needed other than my phone/stopwatch/timer and some shoes.  The other parts my workout ( I use Shockwave) are lifting and I have a $10 membership to a local gym.  I've not used a bowflex before but you'll need something to do squats/deadlifts with.  I'd say that lifting > HIIT but HIIT 1-2x/week is good...the rest is lifting and walking for my exercise.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Nite: Getting Stronger and Dropping Fat

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?