Carb nite refill

• This topic has 6 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hotshot23
    Participant

I think there should be a prescribed number of max carbs for carb nite. If the average body only holds about 300 grams of glycogen in the muscles and liver, why would anyone ever exceed that?

Big_R
    Participant

I may be incorrect but i believe we are.also trying to restore fat burning hormones, such as leptin.  I'm sure their are other technical reasons as well…

IOWA.PharmD

If you have more mass (a lot of people on this form who are NOT average) they can hold a lot more than 300 g of carbs.

zewski

From my understanding (which is purely speculative, I haven't looked at any research myself), although you are refilling glycogen stores the main goal is the hormonal response. The good thing about CNS is if you have followed the diet correctly, come carb nite your body literally cannot store the carbs as fat and will therefore just burn off any unused carbs as body heat (causing those glorious night sweats). Anyone smarter than me, please feel free to correct me  ;D

sckiely
    Participant

A quick explanation may be in order here. Firstly everybody is different and will be able to “hold” different amounts of glycogen, not just compared to others but also dependent on external factors'This is how the CBL delta chart was developed. It determines how many carbs you "should" be able to consume whilst backloading according to how much weight you lose during prep phase.This is done by taking your weight loss, which will be largely carb stores and water weight. Then working out that for every gram of carbs you hold about 3g of water.So if you lose 1kg then this will account for 250g of carbs and 750g of water.This is very oversimplified as there other things that Kiefer obviously accounted for but thus is the basics. However regardless of a persons size they may need quite different amounts if carbs.

Naomi Most

What the guys said about people following Kiefer's diets usually not being “average” to start with is true; however, on Carb Nite, the point is definitely not the refilling of glycogen stores.  That certainly happens.  But that's not the reason for the large influx of high-glycemic carbohydrates.  The reasons are discussed in the book.

RagE

Refilling glycogen may not be the point on a Carb Nite, but for people doing heavy resistance training 6 days a week, it certainly is an added bonus!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb nite refill

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?