Carb-Nite to CBL

• This topic has 6 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I,ve bought both the books and can't find anything talking about switching from one program to other, am i missing something

Hurley

Your last Carb Nite is your first backload.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

They are 2 different systems, why should they say anything about switching?That being said, having done CN for a while is perfect for starting CBL. You don't need the prep phase, you just do like hurley said 🙂

Naomi Most

I,ve bought both the books and can't find anything talking about switching from one program to other, am i missing something

No, you're not missing anything.  Carb Nite was written several years ago, before the creation of CBL.  And CBL uses Carb Nite as the basis of its prep phase, so if you have also read Carb Nite, perhaps you can see how the two might mesh together.

Thats what I was curious about so my last Car-Nite I can change into CBL but lets say in a month i want to go back to Carb-Nite would I do the 10 day re-intro are shorten that.

Sportspt

I don't think you'll need another prep phase unless you do “days off” and eat like shit before making the switch. I had my last backload on Friday night.  I'm doing CN for a week while my training volume is greatly diminished (deload). I'll backload again next Saturday night to prepare for my heavy training session next Monday. The key is no lax days. Stay under 30 grams like normal.

Hurley

^^ Right, it works backwards too, your last backload is your first Carb nite.  Then your officially back on Carb nite, no prep necessary.

Cool thanks for the info

Naomi Most

I don't think you'll need another prep phase unless you do "days off" and eat like shit before making the switch. I had my last backload on Friday night.  I'm doing CN for a week while my training volume is greatly diminished (deload). I'll backload again next Saturday night to prepare for my heavy training session next Monday. The key is no lax days. Stay under 30 grams like normal.

Exactly, thanks!

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

Funny, that is what I'm doing.  This is deload week, actually off-week, but I'm still doing HIIT with CN for 6 days before starting CBL next week.  I figured being at 10-11% BF I don't have to go through the entire 10 days prep especially with HIIT. 4th day and I felt the shift to ketosis.  CN has great recipes too.

threedanes

So I am finally going to start CBL, my question is that I started so my Carb Nite would fall on Saturday.  I work out Monday through Friday, however because of presidents day I was not able to get in to the gym until Today.  Which left Sunday and Monday with no work outs, so no CBL.  I kept the meals simple and less than 30 grams of carbs just like normal for CN.  So I was wondering if it is safe to really start CBL or should I adjust my CN to fall on a day that I work out and then move into CBL.Thanks for the input in advance Folks.

Chuck

I would make your CN your first CBL day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb-Nite to CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?