Carb shock advice?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Garreth Bucknall
    Participant

Hi guys,

Ive been doing carb nite for a while with good results,but dont think I’m ready for backloading just yet.

I currently train 4 times a week with weights at around 6pm, but stay below 30g carbs even on training days. I only have the one massive carb night each week.

I’m looking at introducing carb shock with the idea of working up to proper backloading in a few weeks/months if the carb shock seems to work for me.

So as it stands, Would you recommend taking it after each workout? And also, if training doesnt fall on my “carb nite,” would you just do a normal carb nite or take carbshock too?

Any advice would be appreciated, Garreth

Jeffrey Thibault
    Participant

Garreth, I think you would benefit with Carbshock 1-hr after any hard training (i.e., weight or HIIT) session, regardless of whether the hard training session falls on your carb nite, and this is Kiefer’s recommendation as well.

Where’s your bf% at? If you’re around 15%, I think you could just start doing CBL now; you’ll get stronger and build muscle more quickly, while continuing to drop your bf%. If you’re over 20%, then you’re probably right that CNS is still the right program as fat loss should be your primary goal, if that’s the case.

Garreth Bucknall
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I’m probably between 16-18% at the moment. I injured my back ligaments doing deadlift a couple of weeks ago and it’s set me back a bit. I’m training again now, but only light and will be slowly building myself back up (no deadlifts for a while either)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb shock advice?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?