Carb Shock & Fiber

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeffrey Thibault
    Participant

I used Carb Shock for the first time this morning after a UFC MATRX workout. I added two tablespoons of chia seeds, two tablespoons of 100% cacao powder and a serving of “Organify Green Juice” to the Carbshock/Creatine/Protein blend. (I’m planning on lifting heavy tonight and dosing again, followed by a much needed Carb Backload: thai stir fry and sticky-rice for the win.)

The additions to the Carb Shock shake adds about 12-14 grams of fiber, as well as maybe three “useable” grams of carbs, and some fat (from the chia and cacao). In the Carb Shock Webinar, Kiefer advised against high saturated (and mono-unsaturated) fat in the hour post Carb Shock if taken in the morning, and while I’m not concerned about the added fat from the cacao and chia (or the two to three grams of usable carbs), I haven’t read or heard anything concerning how Carb Shock interacts with fiber.

Will the addition of fiber blunt the insulin response from the Carb Shock? Should I instead make a second shake with the fiber and cacao (and whatever else) and wait an hour after Carb Shock before consuming? Carb Shock is not cheap, even at $2 a serving, so I want to make sure I’m getting the most of it, but when I elect to eat breakfast, which I basically have to do after a morning training session, I like a good dose of fiber.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tony Sangimino

I wouldn’t have it with the cocoa, greens, or chia seeds, as they could blunt the insulin response.

Whey, CarbShock, Creatine is all that is recommended in the post workout shake.

Jonathan

Tony, can you please go into depth of how fiber is supposed to be used in your backload?
    Or do we avoid fibrous foods as this may lessen the insulin response?

Jonathan

bump

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Carb Shock & Fiber

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?