carbshock question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dshugarts
    Participant

can you take carb shock with a ulc meal?

Richard Schmitt

can you take carb shock with a ulc meal?

Well why? It’s used to amplify the post workout shake, this supplement has nothing to do with adding to an ULC meal.

dshugarts
    Participant

I was asking if I can take my shake with the carbshock in it at the same time I eat a ulc meal

Richard Schmitt

I was asking if I can take my shake with the carbshock in it at the same time I eat a ulc meal

You didn’t ask that in the original post. More information goes a long way.

To fully answer your question, it will depend on when you are training. Kiefer has put out a webinar he did a while back about usage of Carb Shock™. To sum it up::

AM Training: You lift, wait an hour then consume the PWO Shake with CS, wait another hour ONLY CONSUMING coffee, coconut oil, and/or MCT oil. After that second hour have the ULC meal.

PM Training: You lift, wait an hour then consume the PWO Shake with CS. You can then eat an ULC meal or start your backload.

dshugarts
    Participant

okay thank you and should I count the shake in my protein macros? I thought I read on here that you shouldn’t

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

should I count the shake in my protein macros? I thought I read on here that you shouldn’t

Yes you should, it’s protein. Count everything you eat/drink/snort (if you do that sort of stuff).

AM Training: You lift, wait an hour then consume the PWO Shake with CS, wait another hour ONLY CONSUMING coffee, coconut oil, and/or MCT oil. After that second hour have the ULC meal.

PM Training: You lift, wait an hour then consume the PWO Shake with CS. You can then eat an ULC meal or start your backload.

You know, I’m still unclear as to why the timing of the ULC meal is different for AM and PM. I thought the webinar was assuming the person is backloading that training day, hence why wait an hour before ULC meal for AM training, but the hour wait is unnecessary since you’ll be eating carbs for PM. I would think that if there is a reason to wait an hour before eating a ULC meal after PWO shake (something about fatty meals right after an insulin spike), it should apply to all the ULC meals regardless of the time of the day. Or I’m missing something here…?

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

carbshock question

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?