Cardio Acceleration?

• This topic has 3 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Derekcerva
    Participant

Has anyone heard Jim Stopannis thoughts on cardio? He proposes to do cardio in between sets (jog in place, jumping jacks whatever pretty much) and it does blend together to make the weight session  more like hiit. How would this work with CBL would it interfere with any of the processes that make CBL work, since normally hiit before is recommended. Just not sure how cardio during weights would affect anything.thanks.

Richard Schmitt

If you can do that then you're not putting enough intensity into your lifts. I would keep HIIT separate

Derekcerva
    Participant

Makes enough sense, i havent done it recently but i did a while back, and i sweat tons.Also would doing 5/3/1 with shockwave (in place of assistance) too much of a workload. Im trying to up my strength right now would the shockwave interfere with that by putting too much of a work load?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

If you can do that then you're not putting enough intensity into your lifts. I would keep HIIT separate

MAJOR +1That actually isn't a bad idea for "fitness" types, but if you want to be big or strong, leave the conditioning on the track.

Derekcerva
    Participant

Makes enough sense, i havent done it recently but i did a while back, and i sweat tons.Also would doing 5/3/1 with shockwave (in place of assistance) too much of a workload. Im trying to up my strength right now would the shockwave interfere with that by putting too much of a work load?

o:

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

o:

Actually that is an excellent idea.  Remember part of shockwave is adjusting the work based on how you feel, so combined with 5/3/1 it will work nicely.

Derekcerva
    Participant

o:

Actually that is an excellent idea.  Remember part of shockwave is adjusting the work based on how you feel, so combined with 5/3/1 it will work nicely.

alright thanks, yea im used to higher volume and am getting great result using 5/3/1 i mean like super incredible, would i get hypertrophy benefits as well as strength? or would it just be adding on to the strngth phase, i ask because my goal is to have a back like yours 😛

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

o:

alright thanks, yea im used to higher volume and am getting great result using 5/3/1 i mean like super incredible, would i get hypertrophy benefits as well as strength? or would it just be adding on to the strngth phase, i ask because my goal is to have a back like yours 😛

Shockwave is ok for hypertrophy, but I personally get better results programming my assistance work myself.  How long have you been training?

Derekcerva
    Participant

o:

Shockwave is ok for hypertrophy, but I personally get better results programming my assistance work myself.  How long have you been training?

yea well i use most of the shockwave moves, but ill mix in some of my own stuff (drop sets, super sets, ect) but training about 2-3 yearsstrength training maybe about 2 possible less like 1.5 yrs but i feel my strength has stalled which is why im doing 5/3/1i was primarily trying to lose weight originally (down to 175 from 260)

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

o:

yea well i use most of the shockwave moves, but ill mix in some of my own stuff (drop sets, super sets, ect) but training about 2-3 yearsstrength training maybe about 2 possible less like 1.5 yrs but i feel my strength has stalled which is why im doing 5/3/1i was primarily trying to lose weight originally (down to 175 from 260)

At this point you probably know what works better for yourself.  I would just do assistance exercises as you see fit.  You can add stuff like drop sets and rest/pauses, but remember, there reaches a point where the more effort you put into the assistance work, the less effort you put into gaining strength on the main movements.

Derekcerva
    Participant

Thx, man yea i go as heavy as I can on the strength movements, but i just have so much energy in the gym, curse that youth haha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cardio Acceleration?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?