Casein (intact) vs Casein Hydrolyslate

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DJKillaKes

Whats the difference? Can I use PeptoPro in my PWO shake as my (intact) casein?http://truenutrition.com/p-978-peptopro-hydrolyzed-caseinate-1lb-milk.aspx

The difference is… everything.Pepto pro/hydrolysate proteins are basically pre-digested protein, intact casein is very, very slow digesting.They aren't interchangeable, but it wont hurt you to skip the intact casein.

DJKillaKes

thank you  ::)

Gl;itch.e

The difference is... everything.Pepto pro/hydrolysate proteins are basically pre-digested protein, intact casein is very, very slow digesting.They aren't interchangeable, but it wont hurt you to skip the intact casein.

Disagree. Post workout I would prefer Casein if you have eaten anything prior to training. If you've fasted pre-workout then whey and casein hydrolysates may be useful. Otherwise all they are doing is providing an expensive (and wasteful) way to boost insulin IMO.

The difference is... everything.Pepto pro/hydrolysate proteins are basically pre-digested protein, intact casein is very, very slow digesting.They aren't interchangeable, but it wont hurt you to skip the intact casein.

Disagree. Post workout I would prefer Casein if you have eaten anything prior to training. If you've fasted pre-workout then whey and casein hydrolysates may be useful. Otherwise all they are doing is providing an expensive (and wasteful) way to boost insulin IMO.

I guess I'm coming at this with a intra-workout thought process. I don't see much use in using hydrolyzed proteins post workout either, but I find them really helpful intra-workout. Then if you had solid PWO and whey/casein mix would actually be my favorite.

Gl;itch.e

I guess I'm coming at this with a intra-workout thought process. I don't see much use in using hydrolyzed proteins post workout either, but I find them really helpful intra-workout. Then if you had solid PWO and whey/casein mix would actually be my favorite.

Yup. Thatd be my thought process. Essentially my opinion of fast proteins are that if you need them then youve been behind the 8-ball. They can be useful during workouts because they are "lighter" and easier to digest but outside of that I dont think they are necessary. Even a whey protein is fast enough if for some reason youve had to go ages without food and then find yourself at a point where catabolism is ramped up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Casein (intact) vs Casein Hydrolyslate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?