CBL 2.0 any updates?

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Greg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jarret Matta
    Participant

Jw if any insider news or info has leaked about release of CBL 2.0? the wait has gone on long enough…

Melvin McLain
    Participant

I think there's supposed to be at least a partial release (a few chapters at a time) starting December 2014.Oh, wait... 😮

TCB
    Participant

It was said first quarter of 2015-ish.. Which still leaves 19 days for that to be accurate.

Spatz

It was said first quarter of 2015-ish.. Which still leaves 19 days for that to be accurate.

*Crosses fingers* That'd be lovely. .... but overly optimistic. 😛

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I forgot about CBL 2.0 lol.  Man we've been talking about it for like 3 years.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

Logic dictates that the longer the release takes, the more, or more relevant the info will be. It has been a while though.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Logic dictates that the longer the release takes, the more, or more relevant the info will be. It has been a while though.

Originally I thought CBL 2.0 was going to just be the first book, but with more detail on the appropriate amount of food one should eat.  However, Kiefer said CBL 2.0 is going to be a major overhaul. 

Philipp Schumann
    Participant

I find this all a bit ridiculous.. major reason I bought CBL today because I was lead to believe that updates have been incorporated since version 1.0 was long ago leaked by copyright infringers (not that I torrented it or ever would or ever would recommend such a thing.. even from the “lawless 3rd-world country” I’m currently effectively residing in..)

For example, Kiefer wrote in a blog comment on 3rd May 2012:

There will be a major upgrade this summer with the release of the hard cover edition. The electronic version will be supplemented with audio material, supplemental guides, optimized recipes and more meal plans.

One day before, he commented:

I spend time exploring these topics to optimize my own protocols not to dismiss anything in particular. As a matter of fact, after doing this research, I learned I made some non-optimal suggestions in CBL which I will correct in the next version.

But this full-page verbiage from the version 1.0 edition takes the cake:

The Version 1.0 on the cover of a performance oriented nutritional guide might seem odd. I designated this book Version 1.0, not because I engineer software —well, it obviously has something to do with that— but because any nutritional protocol claiming to be the bleeding edge needs to adapt quickly as new research unfolds and as the author gathers more experience.

As such, the old publishing model of first edition, five years on the shelf, second edition, five years on the shelf and so on is defunct and for human performance manuals detrimental. As limiting as this old-style procedure may be, it is mimicked by online eBook publishers.

Adopting antiquated systems is not my style. I like to forge new paths, so I decided to do the same here. In the software world companies release the best product available at the time, then make improvements as rapidly as possible. They designate each release thereafter with versions, minor revisions or additions being labeled by a 1.1 or 1.2 and major revisions —new editions in old-speak— being labeled 2.0, 3.0, etc.

I made this mistake with my first published book, The Carb Nite Solution, and now after five years, I feel I could have been adding Carb Back-Loading periodic refinements, producing an exceptional manual. The information it contains is still cutting-edge and, most importantly, it works better than its competitors. But it’s no longer bleeding-edge.

As I incorporate newer information and add alterations based on mounting experience, I will release new versions as warranted, and for those of you jumping onto the ground floor with Version 1.0, each minor upgrade will cost nothing; and each major upgrade will be steeply discounted.

Haha gotta say I feel sliiightly kinda duped here. CBL is still 1.0 and according to Kiefers own blog comments (quoted above) was already somewhat out of date 3 years ago. In the meantime this shop seems to have churned out mainly funky new ™-ed and ®-ed WhatEver.IO brands all the time..

Well .. I guess I got promised on the hard-sale pitch page of carbbackloading.com an unconditional 60-day money back guarantee so I’ll hold out and reserve further judgment if anything major gets finally released after years of promises within that time window.

Let’s face it, CBL 1.0 is mostly LeanGains protocol proper (less the pyramid regime) — hi-carb post-training, lo/no-carb otherwise, just with a slightly smaller fasting window, some optional coconut oil in the morning coffee, and a 10-day protein-sparing Keto prep phase. I knew that much from forums & blogs already way before purchasing my CBL 1.0 copy, so I was really chiefly buying into the prospect of “Kiefer keeping paying customers updated with his latest research findings and conclusions”..

Also went to shockwaveprotocol.com and filled out “Sign up & download Shockwave 1.4 free” hours ago and nothing ever arrived.. guess this too was just quietly abandoned? Hey just sharing first impressions here..

Look forward to updates in (over)DUE time 😉

Patti Johnson
    Participant

I don’t understand why more people aren’t upset about his lack of transparency with this matter. If CBL 2.0 is delayed, just come out and say it. Leaving your loyal fans in the dark is bad form. The release went from end of 2014 to first quarter of 2015 and now nothing. I finished in the top ten for the software and have yet to receive any updates on its progress. I would love to see a podcast centered on the current status of CBL 2.0 and the software.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

@Phil you bring up some excellent points.

Carb Backloading was a product of the Dangerously Hardcore era. This was back when Kiefer wrote stuff for dedicated lifters. Then somewhere along the line (circa 2013) Kiefer became heavily interested in the paleo diet and appealing to the much larger audience of heath focused people. Kiefer starting putting out less and less information about performance and eventually reached a point where he was just another paleo guru. In the process, he lost a lot of his following amongst the performance/bodybuilding crowd whom were the ones that would use carb backloading.

Because of his shift in interests (performance to health) and the loss of his original fan base, I think CBL 2.0 is very low on the priority list.

I am not bashing Kiefer or anything, I still like his work and I hope he does well, but this is just my conjecture based on my observations of following him online since 2011. I could be completely wrong. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Robert Haas
    Participant

@Phil you bring up some excellent points.

Carb Backloading was a product of the Dangerously Hardcore era. This was back when Kiefer wrote stuff for dedicated lifters. Then somewhere along the line (circa 2013) Kiefer became heavily interested in the paleo diet and appealing to the much larger audience of heath focused people. Kiefer starting putting out less and less information about performance and eventually reached a point where he was just another paleo guru. In the process, he lost a lot of his following amongst the performance/bodybuilding crowd whom were the ones that would use carb backloading.

Because of his shift in interests (performance to health) and the loss of his original fan base, I think CBL 2.0 is very low on the priority list.

I am not bashing Kiefer or anything, I still like his work and I hope he does well, but this is just my conjecture based on my observations of following him online since 2011. I could be completely wrong. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Lately he’s bashed Paleo, at least I think he has from the title of the blog posts I haven’t read LOL. Then there’s the anti-crossfit stuff. Has anyone read that stuff? Is it even worth the time to read?
    I’m neither a paleo or crossfit fan but why does he waste his time bashing them? Between the two they have probably done more to get people eating better and off the couch than anything else recently, IMO.

My intention here isn’t to bash Kiefer either but just wondering what direction is he going?

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

From the first time I read the book until now there has been so much new information and toggling to CBL that I am kind of lost here; still doing the basics with OK results with some health considerations… therefore I am really expecting the 2.0 release because I know there are many things that could be corrected in order to make the CBL1.0 protocol to work better with better health-related results.

I still trust Kiefer and follow him, but I think he has too much on his plate, he should drop some of his several projects in order to get CBL2.0 released ASAP.

Besides that, I followed a his recommendation when buying the “Path” book and I didn’t like it a bit.

Hope CBL2.0 is out soon!

www.nicomengual.com

ChubChub

I’ve been on a CBL forum hiatus. I didn’t have time for all the podcasts and so and so updates hidden within podcasts. I’ve just searched for CBL 2.0 as I’m wondering where the fcuk it is/was/is it happening? And came across this thread. Read through it and came across ibobland08’s post. The only person I recognise since my hiatus.

ibobland08 : You’re spot on. I’m not sure I could’ve put into into words as I’ve been away for so long and not been a dedicated follower. But you’ve nailed it. A lot of lifters were on the forum regarding CBL, and as stated, it was made for someone that lifted. I think I gave up on the podcasts and meaningless email notifications long ago when it started to drift away from the lifting aspect. I still recognise Kiefer and use the CBL protocol as it makes sense and actually suits me. We’re all waiting for 2.0 for insight. But Kiefer has forsaken what was originally great for the sake of solving everything under the sun. Too many avenues. We don’t sodding care to hear about all facets of poor me, Dr this and Dr that. Give us the update and lets get the ball rolling again. We want BEEF and less FAT.

If you haven’t got anything worthy for an update, then tell us. Cause we’re all losing patience and respect.

ChubChub

By the way. New forum stinks.

Jamie Hobdell
    Participant

Maybe reactivate the old forum for the old gang. I wasn’t even a big part of the scene, but the layout was better, the content was better and the people were better. There was regular forum posters that lifted, could talk CBL in conjunction with lifting. The layout of this new forum just aint right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL 2.0 any updates?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?