CBL and sleep disturbances

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stelios Kolomvounis
    Participant

Hello everyone! I would like to ask you for your experience in CBL and sleep disturbances. Have you experience this problem when you do CBL? I am trying for the 3rd time to do CBL and I am worried because my sleeping cycle is not good. I go to bed at 11 PM and I wake up at 2 AM for 1 hour and then I sleep again. I fell like this carbs overload in the evening is killing me – although it has a lot of positive effects on my body fat.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Make sure your bedroom is cool (65 degrees Fahrenheit/18 degrees Celsius is optimal) which shouldn’t be too hard since it is starting get cold. Unless you are from the Southern Hemisphere.

When you have a backload, you will usually get a large thermogenic response from all the carbs, which can make you hot. If your bedroom is too warm, it can wake you up.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

The larger the carb load, the worse sleep gets for me. At the end of the prep phase I had an all-out Carb Nite-style backload, and I slept intermittently for maybe 3-4 hours between 11 pm and 9 am. It wasn’t that I was super hot or anything, but I just had an insane amount of energy that just kept me awake.

Lately it’s been alright, although I haven’t had a “good” night sleep in a while. I definitely sleep better after an ULC day, which makes me not like backloading as much.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Stelios Kolomvounis
    Participant

Thank you for the replies people!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL and sleep disturbances

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?