CBL during 24hr mtb race

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cookie

Been following CBL for a few months and find it great. I've got a 24 hour mountain bike race coming up next month in a team of 6. I've done plenty solo, 3 man and 4 man. This is the fiirst in a team of 6 and while doing CBL.So basically it will involve 1 hour HIIT riding with about a 5 hour rest, then repeat for 24 hours. So all up 4 sessions start at midday on Saturday.My thinking at the moment is do a big backload the previous night, a huge one. Run my morning as normal which is only coffee up until noon. I may add a egg+bacon morning snack.Do my lap, have PWO shake with a modest high-carb meal before my next lap. Given the 5 hour rest I'm thinking that is the best strategy. RepeatAny thoughts or suggestions.edit: On podcast #10 they talk about strategy for endurance athletes and CBL but no real detail apart from use / non-use of carbs made huge performance improvements.

donutslayer

I just came across this post. I am in the same boat as you but I am currently on a 4 man team and doing Carbnite. How did the race go and what was your nutrition protocol? Lastly what would you change? Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CBL during 24hr mtb race

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?