Chia Seeds

• This topic has 4 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ecirpanad
    Keymaster

Does anyone have a reliable source for chia seed Nutrition Info? What I'm finding on the internet is quite inconsistent, which is frustrating. I'm looking for a 'per tablespoon' list if possible.

Cmo

I use Spectrum and I'm pretty sure it's by tablespoon. 

ecirpanad

Thank you, that was actually quite helpful. I compared the Spectrum label with Nutiva and they had slightly different numbers, but the important thing was the carbs netted zero on both. Somewhere else, I had figured out that there was probably .5 per Tbsp, but I'm not going to worry about it.

Cmo

Some people aren't big on chia seeds on this forum.  I use them every few days.  I mix them with 2 tsbp heavy whipping cream and sugar free jello.  Makes a weird dessert.

ecirpanad

When you say people aren't big on them, does that mean they will get in the way of results or they just don't like them? It was on this forum that I got the idea to use them.

Spuey

Theres an emphasis of avoiding vegetable/nuts/seeds based fats here and I guess that includes Chia seeds. Its a shame, I was big on almonds.

Cmo

Well, WTH, everything is to be avoided.  Sheesh.

LOVE chia seeds. I just grab a tablespoon and chew on them sometimes, or I add them to drinks. I love how it gels up, but remember unless you are chewing them it's hard to get out all the nutrition. Mash them up a little if just adding them to water or other fluids to drink. My impression though is that the gel process is like a fermenting of the shell which would let you digest it more than a normal seed.

Richard Schmitt

Mhmmm curious now about these seeds, can't really have grains too much, but would like to try them. Too bad they don't make small packets haha.

Cmo

I like the texture they add to things too.  Don't they remind you of a cluster of tadpole eggs though when they expand?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Chia Seeds

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?