CNS and frequent urination

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kevin

Is this a common occurrence? Is it a good or bad sign? I am increasingly getting up at night to urinate and I never did this before starting CNS. I have been eating low carb for about three years now and started CNS about months ago. I’m not complaining. I just want to understand what my body is communicating to me. I’m getting up twice a night a times. That’s a lot for me. Even once a night is more than unusual. I don’t notice it as much during the day but there is possibly an increase their too. I searched the forum about this topic and didn’t find a conclusive answer.

Thanks

Kevin Lawson
    Participant

I have been on CNS for about three months*

Even once a night is more than usual*

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

After my carb nite I definitely urinate more frequently for the first two or three days. I assume it’s just water that’s been held due to all the carbs (and makes up the majority of the 4-5lbs I gain), I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

You may have a more “usual” now that you’re doing CNS. 😉

Steve

Penny Danner
    Participant

You can try putting some sea salt in your water (a pinch…if you taste it, that’s too much) because your body will be releasing electrolytes too. But like Steve said…yes, you’ll be releasing water after every CN for a few days. For every gram of carb you ingest, your body holds 3ish grams of water.

Kevin Lawson
    Participant

I had a carb nite on Thursday. Maybe that’s why.

Thanks and I’ll try the sea salt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS and frequent urination

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?