CNS For Powerlifting

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

AdamFiddler
    Keymaster

Carb Nite is the backbone for what Jesse Burdick and others have used to drop down in weight while getting stronger, correct?-Adam

sckiely
    Participant

Yep

maxwkw

I'm currently running CNS and I'm competing in 17 days. I had some extra weight to lose and it's coming off nicely and I'm still hitting big PR's all over the place.

AdamFiddler

I'm currently running CNS and I'm competing in 17 days. I had some extra weight to lose and it's coming off nicely and I'm still hitting big PR's all over the place.

Do you do raw or equipped PL?  I started this thread because I'm interested in getting under 165 and hitting some Squat/Dead/Bench/Overhead Press goals for myself, but I definitely don't compete or anything like that, and just lift 100 percent raw in the gym on my own (no belts, no knee wraps, etc.), so that's where my interest comes from.  I also kind of subscribe to the John Broz theory of training these days, and so I'm not sure how well that meshes with CNS, but planning on doing once every five days while pretty much using the template that Broz outlined when somebody asked him "how would you accomodate your ideas to powerlifting?".-Adam 

randyleahy

I am not a powerlifter but I lift with quite a bit of frequency (6x/week) and think I have found my sweetspot of every 5th day to have a CN.

maxwkw

Do you do raw or equipped PL?  I started this thread because I'm interested in getting under 165 and hitting some Squat/Dead/Bench/Overhead Press goals for myself, but I definitely don't compete or anything like that, and just lift 100 percent raw in the gym on my own (no belts, no knee wraps, etc.), so that's where my interest comes from.  I also kind of subscribe to the John Broz theory of training these days, and so I'm not sure how well that meshes with CNS, but planning on doing once every five days while pretty much using the template that Broz outlined when somebody asked him "how would you accomodate your ideas to powerlifting?".-Adam

I compete equipped in the apf. I do think that you'll be able to hit some good numbers while running CNS but as for John broz's system, I'm not familiar so I can't really comment. I will say though that anything with a significant amount of volume is pretty tough. I've found that sometimes I have to do only my main lift then come back later or the next day to do my assistance work.

IcantXplain

What are you hitting in terms of macro's? I am finding in the presence of a high fat diet, protein doesn't need to be high.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS For Powerlifting

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?