CNS Newbie Trying to Put it All Together

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

DreamCrusher

Hello everyone.I'm coming up on my third week on CNS and still have not lost any weight but gaining muscle because friends tell me that I look more muscular.  I took waist measurements and started off at 43 inches and am now at 42, with my body weight fluctuating between 215-216lbs and bodyfat at 20%.  My goal is to try and get down to 200lbs and hopefully, get ripped in doing so.I've read the IF articles Kiefer posted and checked out Leangains.com and want to incorporate the IF strategy for optimal fatloss.  The part I get confused on is how to go about.  I work nights so I go to bed at between 2-2:30am and eat my last meal of the day at 12am.  I wake up at 10am and then hit the gym first thing in the morning 5x a week for resistance training.  The part I get confused is on is whether or not I should drink a cup of coffee with coconut oil to keep the fat burning going before working out or should I just train fasted?  Also, can I take yohimbe with the coffee to enhance the fat burning?Is it ok to take a pre-workout supp like Craze or Jacked and also sipp on an intra-workout drink like intrabolic(has a small dose of protein) during the workout or will they hinder my progress?Should I have my PWO shake of ON Hydrowhey with 5g of creatine, BCAA and Leucine after working out or should or should I just take some BCAA's and stay fasted till my first meal?Like I said, my goal is lose fat as fast as possible and hopefully get ripped at the same time.  I hope I can find the answers here.Good luck to all!

Richard Schmitt

Welcome to DH!Let's see if we can't help you out with some of your questions;Train completely fasted, since you wake up first thing and hit the gym, you'll get the double growth response by doing so! You can have the coffee with coconut oil after the PWO Shake, that's what I do. Plus I do also take Yohimbine HCL with coffee.Now the pre-workout supps...eh does is have a chemical called Ace-k, (I forget how to correctly spell it, but it begins with "ace" then ending the chemical with "potasium") if it does that will spike insulin and destroy the fat burning during a fasted training session. So use up what you have...then I would choose not to buy it again.Take the PWO after the workout. Hope all this helps.

DreamCrusher

Thanks for your help Big Tex.How many hours are you in during your fast when you get your first food meal of the day?

Richard Schmitt

Thanks for your help Big Tex.How many hours are you in during your fast when you get your first food meal of the day?

Oh good question, me personally I quit eating (during an ULC day) before 8pm, I get to sleep by 9/9:30, I wake the next day at 5/5:30am and won't have anything till 8am. So at least 12-14 hours. Though my last meal ends around 6:30pm the night prior. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

zewski

drop the pre-workouts and just take some caffeine pills if you need energy for the workout. drop Yohimbe since it's for "stubborn fat" and is really only necessary when in single digits. Plus it can cause water retention with chronic use. keep the PWO shake with pro/creatine/leucine and then have your coffee an hour after thatYou can have your first whole food meal whenever you want and still see great results, but if you want maximum benefits from fasting weight until 12-14 hours after you finished eating your last meal the night before. Hope that answered everything, good luck!  😀

DreamCrusher

Thanks again for your input guys, every bit helps. Not to beat a dead horse but I just want to clarify: Drinking coffee with coconut oil pre workout is not better than training fasted for optimal fat burning, correct?Thanks in advance guys.

If you are working ou in the AM, it is best to go totally fasted, just some black coffee.

DreamCrusher

Got it. On a different topic, have any of you guys tried the shockwave protocol, and if so, have you've seen any good results from it?

Damon Amato
    Participant

I have.  In February I could just barely DL 285, did mostly CNS from there, been on CBL for two weeks and today I pulled 315lb x 3, and that was after my ELECT set.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CNS Newbie Trying to Put it All Together

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?