Coconut Milk vs Coconut Oil

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

AnnLUX

So, I'm new here & I've got a quick question. I keep seeing people say to put Coconut Oil in their coffee in the AM. Personally, I'm not a coffee drinker and this is all new to me. And I think the CO in the coffee tastes like crap and leaves a weird film on my lips… GROSS.Just wondering if I could add coconut milk instead. It's nutrients are 1CHO, 2 Protein, 17g fat. It sure does taste a lot better. Or is there a reason for the coconut OIL?Thanks!

Mjl1030

Coconut oil is used because it is absorbed much faster. People use 1T of oil with 1T of butter or heavy whipping cream because the butter or cream has much slower absorption for prolonged effect of the morning booster.

You could use coconut milk, shouldn't really effect anything.Also, try blending the coffee and CO together (add some Grass-fed butter =D), it's much better when blended and you don't get the film so much.

AnnLUX

Grass-fed butter in the coffee? I might just try it with the coconut milk for awhile. Granted…I love my Kerry Gold butter or Ghee on everything else I make. 🙂

Ghee goes great with is, gives it a nice toffee taste.Toss some kind of sweetener in it and it gets caramelly.Mmmm good.

AnnLUX

Is there a recommended sweetener to use that is 0 carb?

Mjl1030

Stevia or truvia

I depends on how you feel about artificial sweeteners.Really the only one to avoid is Ace-K.I think stevia is best, but watch out for stuff like "Stevia in the raw", it's cut with maltodextrin so if you use to much the carb count can sneak up on you.

AnnLUX

Thanks guys! 🙂 Off to have my 2nd cup of coffee, gonna try it with some Ghee & Stevia..both I have laying around the house. Will let u know how it goes. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Coconut Milk vs Coconut Oil

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?