Couple of questions

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vastus
    Keymaster

Hey guys,I'm new here, thinking about running this for a month and see if I get some lean gains. I've bought the book, read twice and going to run the density bulking. Pretty lean right now a bit under 10%.A couple of questions:1. does anyone take in the recommended caffeine... seems a lot to me, probably be bouncing off the walls especially taking in pre/post workout2. does anyone that is density bulking throw in a re-feed day? Think I'll be doing that, always worked wonders for meThanks for reading

stephenhdmrs

I take the low end of the recommendation.  I drink a fair bit of coffee so i've grown a bit immune to it.  If you work out at night and are sensitive to caffeine, then don't take it.As for re-feeding I can't comment.

Naomi Most

Hey guys,I'm new here, thinking about running this for a month and see if I get some lean gains. I've bought the book, read twice and going to run the density bulking. Pretty lean right now a bit under 10%.A couple of questions:1. does anyone take in the recommended caffeine... seems a lot to me, probably be bouncing off the walls especially taking in pre/post workout

I consume well under the stated amounts, but then again I'm a 133lb woman.  I think some scaling is always in order. Do what feels right for you.  If you can FEEL the caffeine, chances are it's having the intended effect.

2. does anyone that is density bulking throw in a re-feed day? Think I'll be doing that, always worked wonders for me

I hope not, as that's a great way for most people to get fat.  Doing that throws off the fatty acid metabolism we want in place during the pre-workout hours.  Doing a re-feed day essentially amounts to switching to an anything-goes plan, and in that case, you're on your own. If you're concerned about maximizing muscle growth and don't care about the fat gain, well... why are you doing Carb Back-Loading?  🙂

exactly… Carb-Nite has refeed days due to the nature of the diet. You can't refeed when you are not depleted to start with, backloading is literally refeeding every night you train.

vastus

Thanks for the replies, Ill stay away from taking in more caffeine post workout. As for the re-feeds, I hear what you're saying and understand it's not in the scope of CB. I just love my re-feed days lol.Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Couple of questions

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?