Cravings

• This topic has 6 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Frogger
    Keymaster

Does anybody else have cravings for sugar during the low carb days?  Or carbs in general?  Any “cures”?I keep reading everyone's posts and they all say their full.  Which I am.  I just would really like some cookies or something  🙂  Do others have this feeling?  I'm new to this... could I possibly be doing something wrong?  Thanks!

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I have my wife bake low carb cookies with either almond or hazelnut flour. 2usable carbs per cookie =)

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Richard Schmitt

Yep I do a lot! I do this during the day, it's a good snack (for me at least). It may seem weird but it helps, may post pictures later today. But if you have a Magic Bullet (works best), then fill the tall cup with ice first then add the same amount in water. Add some sweetener (I use BetterStevia from NOW, 0g Carbs) and blend. Comes out to be like a snow cone. You can get some DaVinci Sugar Free Syrups to add to the mix for flavor if you want. That stuff is sweetened with Splenda. Another good tip is look on the Ultra Low Carb Recipes we have here on the forums, the low-carb brownies are pretty good along with other amazing dishes.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I get carb cravings when I got more than two days without carbs.  I just suck it up.

CaseyD

I get carb cravings when I got more than two days without carbs.  I just suck it up.

+1, I just eat more butter and bacon. For the most part though, I don't really crave carbs, though I certainly look forward to carb nites. It's such a small "sacrifice", I don't even think about it anymore.

Does anybody else have cravings for sugar during the low carb days?  Or carbs in general?  Any "cures"?I keep reading everyone's posts and they all say their full.  Which I am.  I just would really like some cookies or something  🙂  Do others have this feeling?  I'm new to this... could I possibly be doing something wrong?  Thanks!

On occassion, but not as much as at first.  It gets easier.  I guess it depends on what I allow myself to be exposed to, as well.  Some things cannot be helped, being in public, but I do my best to limit peripheral exposure.Just keep your goals in mind, envision what you are battling for (re: your body), look at inspiring photographs of any role-models or idols / ideals, etc.  A lot of dieting down is mental, too.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Does anybody else have cravings for sugar during the low carb days?  Or carbs in general?  Any "cures"?I keep reading everyone's posts and they all say their full.  Which I am.  I just would really like some cookies or something  🙂  Do others have this feeling?  I'm new to this... could I possibly be doing something wrong?  Thanks!

On occassion, but not as much as at first.  It gets easier.  I guess it depends on what I allow myself to be exposed to, as well.  Some things cannot be helped, being in public, but I do my best to limit peripheral exposure.Just keep your goals in mind, envision what you are battling for (re: your body), look at inspiring photographs of any role-models or idols / ideals, etc.  A lot of dieting down is mental, too.Cory

+1A couple years ago when I first tried low-carb dieting, I found it difficult to stay under 80 g of carbs and now I can stay under 10 g without even trying.  For some reason, eating just meat seemed really weird to me at the time. 

+1A couple years ago when I first tried low-carb dieting, I found it difficult to stay under 80 g of carbs and now I can stay under 10 g without even trying.  For some reason, eating just meat seemed really weird to me at the time.

I hear you... I used to dread my low-carb days (when I was carb-cycling)... and, you could forget about cheat meals, let alone ENTIRE cheat nights!  I think my carbs rarely dropped below 30-50g/day on my lowest days, back then.Now, I eat 7.5g carbs a day (useable), and I am completely satisfied.  Not to say I don't look forward to my CN, each week, like I did my first time w/ a girl... but, I get by fine the other 6 days.I have, on hand, magazine after magazine w/ photos and workouts of Arnold Schwarzenegger circa 1973-75.  I pull those out, get workout ideas, and look at the photos, when I need a boost of willpower / drive.  I look up to Arnold.  I don't look like him, maybe I never will, but I fancy being that big, that symmetrical, and that cut someday.I know all I need to do is WORK!  I strongly suggest everyone find inspiration, or an idol, to keep focused.  It does help.I also highly recommend ANY bodybuilder pop "Pumping Iron" in, if motivation is lacking on a particular day.  Or Dorian Yates' gritty Blood and Guts video!Cory

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I hear you... I used to dread my low-carb days (when I was carb-cycling)... and, you could forget about cheat meals, let alone ENTIRE cheat nights!  I think my carbs rarely dropped below 30-50g/day on my lowest days, back then.Now, I eat 7.5g carbs a day (useable), and I am completely satisfied.  Not to say I don't look forward to my CN, each week, like I did my first time w/ a girl... but, I get by fine the other 6 days.I have, on hand, magazine after magazine w/ photos and workouts of Arnold Schwarzenegger circa 1973-75.  I pull those out, get workout ideas, and look at the photos, when I need a boost of willpower / drive.  I look up to Arnold.  I don't look like him, maybe I never will, but I fancy being that big, that symmetrical, and that cut someday.I know all I need to do is WORK!  I strongly suggest everyone find inspiration, or an idol, to keep focused.  It does help.I also highly recommend ANY bodybuilder pop "Pumping Iron" in, if motivation is lacking on a particular day.  Or Dorian Yates' gritty Blood and Guts video!Cory

+1 on Arnold's pumping iron video.  Mix that with fasted am training session and I get some of the best workouts ever.

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cravings

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?