Creatine Monohydrate

• This topic has 5 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

amedio
    Keymaster

I have the following questions concerning creatine monohydrate:Firstly, I see many mixed reviews on this particular forum on the many brands of whey protein, but it always comes down to the fact that we should stick to custom blends from places such as ProteinFactory. Does this go for creatine as well? I have been using GNC Pro Performance creatine monohydrate. Secondly, what sort of loading phase is suggested by Kiefer if any? In the Men's Health 12 Week Hard Body book the loading phase is recommended by using the following formula:Body Weight/2.2 x 0.3g for five days. Though, the book also suggest that the loading phase is optional.

Hurley

I think creatine's a lot more basic than protein, just get some pure creatine monohydrate and take it. Gnc is a reputable brand, but I couldn't find what their source is, and they're a little more expensive than Protein Factory which uses creapure, the standard for quality and purity.

soulmind

Since it's relatively cheap no matter where you get it from I would spend a little extra to know you're getting something from a US or German lab.  As for amount you should take he mentions in CBL that you could be taking up to 60 grams a day (wow) on page 151.  He goes on to say that not many people would/should do this but 5 grams with each meal is a good dosage (no loading phase).

Richard Schmitt

Now is Micronized Creatine different, simliar or something completely not a good idea to use? Y'all are mentioning Monohydrate, but I got the Dymatize Creatine.

soulmind

Now is Micronized Creatine different, simliar or something completely not a good idea to use? Y'all are mentioning Monohydrate, but I got the Dymatize Creatine.

Monohydrate is all you need.  The extra money for micronized or for Creatine ethyl ester is bullshit, plus I think micronized is just a fancy gimmick name that is the same thing as monohydrate (could be wrong, appreciate a Naomi chime-in if I am wrong).  Look at Kiefer's response in this thread:http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=400.msg4071#msg4071

amedio

I think creatine's a lot more basic than protein, just get some pure creatine monohydrate and take it. Gnc is a reputable brand, but I couldn't find what their source is, and they're a little more expensive than Protein Factory which uses creapure, the standard for quality and purity.

PF wants around $19.00 for 1000g. That is not a bad deal at all in my opinion, but they kill me with the cost of shipping. If I am going to spend $150.00 on a supplement website, I do not think it is too much to ask for free shipping.

Naomi Most

Monohydrate is all you need.  The extra money for micronized or for Creatine ethyl ester is bullshit, plus I think micronized is just a fancy gimmick name that is the same thing as monohydrate (could be wrong, appreciate a Naomi chime-in if I am wrong).  Look at Kiefer's response in this thread:http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=400.msg4071#msg4071

Correct.I'm happy to see you guys remembering and referencing older threads, because as this forum grows in membership, it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE for the 4-armed, non-omniscient being known as "Kiefer/Naomi" to keep up.  🙂

amedio

Correct.I'm happy to see you guys remembering and referencing older threads, because as this forum grows in membership, it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE for the 4-armed, non-omniscient being known as "Kiefer/Naomi" to keep up.  🙂

How come I can view the thread?

Naomi Most

Hmm, good question. I don't know! I still don't totally grok all of this forum's workings.

soulmind

Is that a Paleo reference?

Stephen Davis
    Participant

Hmm, good question. I don't know! I still don't totally grok all of this forum's workings.

I wonder how many people grok grok????  ;D

Naomi Most

+1 to those who grok grok  🙂(and no, not a Paleo reference!)

Stephen Davis
    Participant

+1 to those who grok grok  🙂(and no, not a Paleo reference!)

I read that book when I was about 13 years old.  I was just thinking the other day that I need to buy it for my eldest son.  That one was a ground shifter for me. 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Creatine Monohydrate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?