Dark chocolate

• This topic has 3 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PropaneFitness
    Keymaster

What is the verdict on very high percentage dark chocolate (85-90%). I reason that servings of 20-60g Having maybe 12g of carbs at the most would have an irrelevant affect on blood sugar due to the proportionately large amount of fats. This said, I'm willing to drop it if it has been shown to affect blood sugar and spike insulin.

I couldn't do carb night without my dark chocolate.Enjoying a few squares is perfectly fine, and it helps many people stay on the diet.I wouldn't do such high % dark chocolate on carb night because of fiber and fat content.

RagE

i sometimes have a piece with my coffee. its 86% and like 15g carb per 100g.  I usually don't do more than two pieces (20g), but thats more than enough.

nickl413

I've gotten used to not eating sweet stuff so sometimes, if I've done a good job keeping carbs super low, I'll snack on the 100% chocolate baking bars.  One square is 140 cal, 14g fat, 4g fiber, 4g usable carbs, and 4g protein.  The raw cacao nibs are also a good option, though not nearly as delicious as processed chocolate.  A 1 oz. serving has 10 carbs, 9 of which is fiber.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dark chocolate

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?