Deloading and CBL

• This topic has 16 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Mpotter
    Keymaster

Just wondering what everyone does on deload week? Still stick to no more than 30g of carbs with no CBL?

Richard Schmitt

Just wondering what everyone does on deload week? Still stick to no more than 30g of carbs with no CBL?

Yeah basically do CNS. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

reachy

so, just to be clear, if I'm following a CBL regime and I do a deload week (I'm due to do one this week) I shouldnt backload on training days and follow an ULC for the duration?

Tomahawk

so, just to be clear, if I'm following a CBL regime and I do a deload week (I'm due to do one this week) I shouldnt backload on training days and follow an ULC for the duration?

That is what I plan on doing.

Richard Schmitt

Well you can still backload if you want to after training I believe it's as long as the reps are 70%of your 1RM that will benefit most from the backloads. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

If you're doing a deload week it might be even beneficial to do ULC for the duration.  Watch the cardio.

Tomahawk

If you're doing a deload week it might be even beneficial to do ULC for the duration.  Watch the cardio.

I plan on using this deload week to help tighten up a bit. Might be able to drop a little fat while taking it easy. I already have my stacks of bacon.

Conrado Tiu
    Participant

I plan on using this deload week to help tighten up a bit. Might be able to drop a little fat while taking it easy. I already have my stacks of bacon.

sounds like a plan!  let us know how it goes. 🙂

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I personally (doing it NOW lol) wouldn't add carbs for a deload. It will shock your body more, otherwise adding carbs after a workout is like CBL so I don't think you would reap all of the benefits. Or just take a week off of training too – detrain?  ???

Tomahawk

I personally (doing it NOW lol) wouldn't add carbs for a deload. It will shock your body more, otherwise adding carbs after a workout is like CBL so I don't think you would reap all of the benefits. Or just take a week off of training too - detrain?  ???

Ya I dont see how a deload workout would cause the kind of response we need for carb back loading. Only possible situation I could see is if you were density bulking maybe.I think not training at all is too rough. Already had to do that early on when I started CBL.

sounds like a plan!  let us know how it goes. 🙂

Will do. I have a feeling it will go great. I had my wisedom teeth taken out after some time doing CBL. Came back a little flat but filled right back up. Did seem to lose a little around the belly too.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I personally do not understand the concept of a deload week.  I go balls to the wall until I feel like I need a break.  And that's what I do, take a complete break.  How is a deload week better than a week off?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I personally do not understand the concept of a deload week.  I go balls to the wall until I feel like I need a break.  And that's what I do, take a complete break.  How is a deload week better than a week off?

Nor do I. I know when my body (and mind and stomach) says enough is enough then I need to take a break. From what I've heard with Kiefer and his guests is that they don't plan a deload week, they get tired (or possibly bored) and take a break. I don't think parts of the diet and training are black and white - everyone is different which I do think Kiefer finds logical but must be frustrating when people ask for absolutes or "across the board" suggestions. Kinda random comment, sorry >.>

nickl413

Is it necessary to give the entire CNS a week off/deload or can I say, deload my lower body one week and deload my upper body the next week?

Go Heavy
    Participant

Keifer doesn't talk about deloading specifically, but he does refer to training. Skeletal muscle recovers in 48 hours no matter how balls to the wall you push the envelope.  What needs the time to recover is your central nervous system which can take up to ten days to completely recover. None of us take 10 days off after one workout do we? lol So the nervous system while training is always somewhat in a state of disarray.  The deload week would give it break allowing your CNS to more fully recover I guess while still keeping in the groove of things.  Nickl413 I'd say yes that you have to give it all a break.  I don't see how there would even be a point in deloading on one thing and not an other. Your CNS is involved no matter what lift you do.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Keifer doesn't talk about deloading specifically, but he does refer to training. Skeletal muscle recovers in 48 hours no matter how balls to the wall you push the envelope.  What needs the time to recover is your central nervous system which can take up to ten days to completely recover. None of us take 10 days off after one workout do we? lol So the nervous system while training is always somewhat in a state of disarray.  The deload week would give it break allowing your CNS to more fully recover I guess while still keeping in the groove of things.  Nickl413 I'd say yes that you have to give it all a break.  I don't see how there would even be a point in deloading on one thing and not an other. Your CNS is involved no matter what lift you do.

+1 - I think that was basically what I was thinking above.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Deloading and CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?