Denaturing WI

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

In the book Kiefer says adding coffee to your WI is no problem because the heat is not high enough, and doesn't last long enough. I'm adding a small amount of WI to my coffee, and Wiki states that the required temp is 72+ degrees celsius, which my coffee definitely is. Does anyone know how long it would take to denature about 7g WI in near boiling coffee? I've been adding a little bit of cold water to the coffee before the WI, but is it really necessary?

Naomi Most

In the book Kiefer says adding coffee to your WI is no problem because the heat is not high enough, and doesn't last long enough. I'm adding a small amount of WI to my coffee, and Wiki states that the required temp is 72+ degrees celsius, which my coffee definitely is. Does anyone know how long it would take to denature about 7g WI in near boiling coffee? I've been adding a little bit of cold water to the coffee before the WI, but is it really necessary?

That's a good question. Can't say for sure.  This is a subject I'm interested in doing some research on, so I've bookmarked this thread to come back when I know more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Denaturing WI

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?