Doing just Enough

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sckiely
    Participant

I have about 20-25 Personal training clients at any one time, they all have different goals, but really they just want to FEEL better about themselves; When it comes down to training they always ask me at the start,is this really enough, i normally do these 10 or so exercises and then some cardio. Being the pleasant guy i am i tell them they are free to go see someone else?It is not the amount of work you do it is the quality of work you get done that coincides with your goals. If you have a goal in mind do enough to achieve that goal, then just a little more! Endless sets of chest exercises does not lead to a bigger chest! However adding weight and reps to a few choice exercises WILL lead to awesome results. So work on improving a few things at a time, particuularly if you are fairly new to weight training, make the quality of work your focus and let the load gradually take care of itself. If you are more advanced then there are other things to think about but thisthread isn't aimed at you! If you are writing your own program choose a big push,(Bench) a big pull (Pull ups), a squat and a hinge (Deadlift) make these exercises the foundation o0f your training then add some exercises (2-3) to workthe supporting muscles,train hard,but leave enough in the bank so you could almost do it again tomorrow (If you Had too?) Being sore doesn't prove you have achieved anything? If you are sore then training CAN suffer, (not always) so don't stress if you don't get soreDo just enough, then a little more, go home CBL and prepare for tomorrow

ADTS

In the same vein, simplification leads to adherence with leads to consistency which is the king of precursors when it comes to getting results.

CaseyD

What's that old saying? Stimulate, don't annihilate? Something like that, but yeah, I used to do endless sets and I'm still trying to convince myself that less is more. There are some days I don't necessarily feel like I've completely worked a muscle, but the next day, I can usually feel it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Doing just Enough

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?