Don’t let the scale get you down

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ryan graves

Don't let the mirror or scale get you down.  I was getting discouraged thinking I was just spinning my wheels.  My weight had not changed more than a pound or two.  I couldn't see results in the mirror.  Admittedly my strength is moving up by leaps and bounds.  Had my body fat checked for my 6 week follow up and was pleasantly suprised.5/23/12Body weight 241chest 19, 17, 19Abs 23, 21, 21quad 20, 19, 19BF % 17.277/12/12Body Weight 240Chest 15, 16, 14Abs 21, 20, 18.5quad 20, 18.5, 18.5BF% 15.74Heres the kicker.  I went on vacation for almost two weeks during June at which time I ate TOTAL CRAP the entire time and didnt work out once.  When I got back on track (10 day intro phase again) I still never followed SA perfectly.  On several occasions I backloaded on an off night.  Not clean either.  Backloads were always an entire pizza or whole can of biscuits with porkchops and mash potatoes.  Always had desert such as donuts, or apple turnovers.  I have always been the strong chunky guy.  I am very excited to see such great results while not even being completely compliant.  This has motivated me to be 100% compliant and see where my BF% is next month.  If anyone is interested I have been following 531 for my training.   

Cmo

Wow thanks for posting this.  Since starting this, my weight has not changed much, its been 3 weeks, but someone that I saw about a month ago said I looked leaner, and the gym owner told me the other day that I look good (vs better…I am female and was pretty darn overweight a year ago when I joined gym…I always got that I was looking better, but not the elusive good, till the other day).So that's great that you have had results, despite what scale says.  I guess it really does not tell the truth.   

It is said that fat loss isn't “linear”.That said, the scale usually shows my weight down 1-2 lbs a week, my weakest week's loss being 0.2 lbs (two weeks ago).  Last week, I was up 1 lb.!I always weigh myself at my leanest and driest, and that is upon waking (after using the bathroom), on the morning of my Carb Nite (one week after my previous Carb Nite).  I do this before ingesting anything, liquid or otherwise.That said, two weeks ago, I began fitting into pants I hadn't fit into since Nov. 2011.  Furthermore, last week (the week I gained a 1 lb.), I began fitting into pants I couldn't fit into even two weeks ago!I've been into serious, consistent bodybuilding since Oct. 2009, so I have some decent muscle on my frame -- and the definition is beginning to show, more and more, as the weeks progress.  Not massive improvements, but subtle, and gradual.  So, the scale doesn't always appear to be accurate.  Especially if you are holding a tad of water, gas, etc.I also find the hotter that it gets, and the more humid, the more water I retain... and subsequently, the more my scale-weight is raised.Go by the mirror and your clothes.  🙂Cory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don’t let the scale get you down

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?