Drinking- carb nite or off night?

• This topic has 4 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

audii7
    Keymaster

Hey ya'll, I'm not a big drinker but occasionally like to have 1 to 2 drinks on weekends.Ok, I was originally thinking to plan my carb nite for a saturday night so I can drink, but then I saw vodka supposedly has 0 carbs so would it be better to have a vodka tonic on my 30g carb day instead?I don't need to get trashed but I'd like to be able to have a couple drinks in the next few months. Is that doable?

Cropsy

Hi. In the book, Kiefer recommends zero alcohol on fat / protein days as “alcoholic beverages prevent your body from burning fat” but says a glass or two of wine on carb nite is acceptable…Hope that helps.

audii7

Thank you, I have read that your body burns alcohol first as an energy source so if you don't take a ton in wouldn't your body continue to burn fat after the calories from the alcohol are used up?What I'm trying to say is:I think there's a difference between it "stopping fat burning' and "pausing fat burning" while the alcohol is being used up as an energy source.Also I wonder if carb free alcohol(vodka) would work differently then say, wine or beers because they have carbs.Does anyone; perhaps Naomi have thoughts on this?Thanks again.

sigma

Side note about drinking.  In one of the Biojacked podcasts, Kiefer stated (paraphrased): “more than 3 drinks inhibits testosterone production for 5 days.”  wish I had known that years ago.

dawatts22

A similar discussion has been had with some official input and it may help:  http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=1520.msg14988#msg14988

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Drinking- carb nite or off night?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?