DTP and CBL

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Has anyone used the DTP rep scheme in conjunction with CBL?

Big_R
    Participant

Has anyone used the DTP rep scheme in conjunction with CBL?

Probably not, since CBL relies on the GLUT4 translocation from Heavy Lifting / Explosive contraction.  I think some body parts (like the back) respond better to time-under-tension, rather than performance training  but sets of 50???  and 10 of them???  That's a lot of volume to recover from. Just my 2 cents.. 

i'm also interested as well, it does say it hits type 1, type 2a, and type 2b muscle fibers. its basically 50 40 30 20 10 10 20 30 40 50 rep scheme with around 45 sec for rest (increasing as weight increases) each set and the weight increases as you drop the reps. would that cause a sufficient amount of GLUT4 activation?

Big_R
    Participant

i'm also interested as well, it does say it hits type 1, type 2a, and type 2b muscle fibers. its basically 50 40 30 20 10 10 20 30 40 50 rep scheme with around 45 sec for rest (increasing as weight increases) each set and the weight increases as you drop the reps. would that cause a sufficient amount of GLUT4 activation?

I doubt it heavily.... doing a program like this seems like an attempt of desperation at best... I would do Shockwave at the very least.  I don't hear many ppl (at all) getting huge doing sets of 50.  Growth is triggered much better with heavy loads  and even moderate loads with maximal acceleration for 8-15 reps. Certain exercises i will do 1 set of 50/100 occassionally (like delts) but it's at the end of a workout when the muscle is already fatigued... it's not my go to "mass builder"  lol

I doubt it heavily.... doing a program like this seems like an attempt of desperation at best... I would do Shockwave at the very least.  I don't hear many ppl (at all) getting huge doing sets of 50.  Growth is triggered much better with heavy loads  and even moderate loads with maximal acceleration for 8-15 reps. Certain exercises i will do 1 set of 50/100 occassionally (like delts) but it's at the end of a workout when the muscle is already fatigued... it's not my go to "mass builder"  lol

The sets of 50 are essentially your warmup, and your finisher... not the mass builder.

Big_R
    Participant

The sets of 50 are essentially your warmup, and your finisher... not the mass builder.

Beginning with a set of 50 won't even activate central nervous system so i don't see the point unless your trying to expend glycogen reserves..  I think you should do the program anyway because experience is much better teacher than speculation... Because i cannot attest to any actual science of the 50rep scheme so maybe you can start a log or something 🙂Cheers!

Kiefer
    Participant

DTP is a training schema that will actually decrease tGLUT responsiveness. There is a way to utilize it, but the best results would be to use this scheme with Carb Nite for a few weeks, then switch to CBL and a high-load, lower rep scheme. Although I would recommend a more functional approach to using this type of oxidative training for anabolic effects, DTP would fit the bill in this scenario.So, DTP+CN cycled with CBL+strength or hypertrophy training (4 week cycles of DTP max with unlimited number of weeks on strength or hypertrophy until stall, plateau or just to mix it up).

PolishBe@ST
    Participant

Im going to try it this week see how it works out for me. Also just bought the book and  decided not to go with the prep phase. I know people are saying do it, just im not planning on dirty bulking that much with my carbs.

PolishBe@ST
    Participant

Kiefer I read your book again and the section about the tGLUT. So I continued to train with the DTP system but not to failure. I also used the ELECT form written in your SW workout routine. So far the results have been great gained 4lbs with only .5% of BF gain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DTP and CBL

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?