Dumbbell – Powerblocks and Ironmasters

• This topic has 2 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

Hi,Not really strictly a shockwave question but here goes anyway. Im in the UK and can get a similar set of DB's to ironmasters or powerblocks.I'm just thinking about ELECT sets whether or not the powerblocks would be better due to how quick they can change between weights.Does anyone else have either for the same purpose or how long do you take between each of the 3 reps in the sets?thanksAndy

raisethebarbell

hey fluff, I use them and love them, the 90 lb set. Like I'm sure you know, pretty much the only draw back is you don't want to drop these. But the burn I get while putting them back on the stand is almost like doing an extra negative rep or two.I'd estimate that it takes about 10 seconds longer to switch both powerblocks to more weight vs a dumbbell. Not bad at all.Then also, maybe wear and tear type use goes up with the elect type work, but I like the space savings, so I'm sticking with them.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

The wear and tear I'm not fussed about as they have a lifetime warrenty for home use.The ironmasters I can get are £250The powerblocks are £600Is it worth the extra money for 10 seconds between changing the weight? How long does everyone take between the 3 rep intervals in the ELECT sets?

raisethebarbell

Tough to say if its worth the price difference. But I'm fully satisfied with the Powerblocks. I got mime off craigslist for $300 used in great condition plus the stand. Goodluck!

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

thanks. Im searching Ebay all the time  ;D

ForX
    Participant

I've owned a set of power blocks for 10 years now. I think they're great. For quick changes in poundage needed in ELECT movements or drop sets they're perfect. I've never regretted buying them.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.I went for the sport9.0 with the stage 2 upgrade and stand. bit expensive but I can't find many second hand in the UK on Ebay which is probably a good sign.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dumbbell – Powerblocks and Ironmasters

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?