Dymatize ISO 100

• This topic has 5 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mike12345
    Keymaster

I'm on day 5 of the Preparation Phase (Strength Accumulation). I've been taking about 10-12 grams of Dymatize Hydrolyzed 100% Whey Protein Isolate with my A.M. Accelerator Shake (along with coffee and 1 tbsp of coconut oil). I also take this same shake 30 minutes before my workout, but I add 5 grams of creatine.I'm wondering if this is the correct kind of protein to use during the low-carb portion of the day?I'm also unclear about creatine and leucine during off-days. Are you supposed to take it during days off and if so, when is the best time?Thanks!!

Really, you don't need the whey in the AM shake. Coconut oil and coffee are fine.I would imagine that that protein would be fine if you'd like to use it though.Avoid leucine on off days, creatine is fine and can be taken whenever.

Save the hydrolyzed for intra/post when you have finished the prep phase.You could do a whey isolate if you want but I would probably wait til after the prep phase for that and just eat meats and fat for prep.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Dative iso100 will cause a rush of insulin at basically any amount. Only use it PWO or during a backload/carb nite.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Dymatize*

jam.josh

Whey isolate may cause an insulin response but I would hardly call it a rush or spike. Especially if you mix some good fats in with it as fats are very effective at slowing the absorption rate of anything consumed with them. The bodies ability to rapidly absorb whey isolate is the main contributing factor in any insulin response it has. So if you blunt the absorption with fats you get all the benefits of the high quality protein, the good fats, and you stop any potential insulin 'spike' that could have existed.

McLeod2012

its not an isolate though. its a hydrolyzed protein. which is much faster than isolate.

the-hitman

kiefer MJW • a year agoI would definitely not add leucine or whey hydrolysates to an early morning shake and no more than 10 grams of whey isolate. Maybe some casein, but the isolate would serve you better for fat loss.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dymatize ISO 100

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?