Egg proteins

• This topic has 5 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

TCB
    Participant

Anyone have any experience with the different brands of egg proteins and possibly have any recommendations?I think I'm finally coming to the realization (AKA, not just stubbornly insisting it can't be so) that I may have a slight intolerance to whey.. I've been using TN's WPI for a couple of years and it seems like every time I use it, the next morning and most of the day I have stuffy sinuses and sinus drainage. Pretty classic whey issue symptoms. So my next thought is giving an egg protein a spin.

GonnaBeGiant

Dymatize egg white powder isn't to shabby.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

How much of an insulin spike are you likely to get from egg white powder. I sometimes fall short on protein consumption and need something on the go in the form of a shake, but I'm wary of whey to do this on ULC phases.

Richard Schmitt

How much of an insulin spike are you likely to get from egg white powder. I sometimes fall short on protein consumption and need something on the go in the form of a shake, but I'm wary of whey to do this on ULC phases.

Highly likely.

mr a j dickinson
    Participant

why is it ok to eat egg whites, but not egg white powder though? is it a case of added fat in the whole egg which tames the insulin response?

TCB
    Participant

Everything I've seen on egg powders is that it falls between whey and casein, in regards to an insulin response.As in, less than whey, more than casein.

why is it ok to eat egg whites, but not egg white powder though? is it a case of added fat in the whole egg which tames the insulin response?

The powder creates a higher insulin response for the same reason that any protein powder will, over a whole food. Making it into a powder is partially "pre-digesting" it for you, making it a quicker uptake in the blood.

TCB
    Participant

Dymatize egg white powder isn't to shabby.

Thanks!Do you have any comparative experience with like ON, MRM, or Healthy N Fit?

Richard Schmitt

You got it backwards, and no one said it was okay to just eat egg whites. Adding egg whites to meal with fats (unless on a CN or BL), to increase protein content but with the already added fats.

Daniel J. Garcia
    Participant

I don't know if this applies to you but hopefully it helps.  I've used various WPIs for the last few years.  I had no idea it was affecting my stomach until I started taking a Grass Fed whey protein powder that a friend of mine was selling.  It was a pyramid scam (flame me, please...), but I bought it as a favor.  To my surprise, it was actually a quality product. But the best part for me was no more protein farts and  no more staying near bathrooms for the first hour post shake just in case.  Since then, I've found an affordable supplier of grass fed whey where I can buy in bulk and have had no problems.    It's more expensive but might be worth a try. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Egg proteins

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?