Either constipated or the Diarrhea from protein powder

• This topic has 6 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jcgomez

I switched to using protein factory protein and it went away.

What exactly are you having added if anything to the blends? What flavor? Sweetener? Leucine? Is it an issue that it contains soy lecithin? I thought we were supposed to steer clear of soy?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you are asking.  I just said that I switched from low quality whey protein from China to higher quality whey from protein factory and it improved my GI issues.

Thank you for the reply and I apologize I was not clearer.When you ordered your protein from the Protein Factory, there are several options. For example, the type of sweetener that can be added. Or the flavor. Or you can even have leucine added. I was wondering what exactly you ordered. That is, what sweetener did you add, what flavor did you get, and did you have leucine added? I was also curious about the soy lecithin in the blend. I thought we were to steer clear of soy. Or is it a non-issue?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I switched to using protein factory protein and it went away.

What exactly are you having added if anything to the blends? What flavor? Sweetener? Leucine? Is it an issue that it contains soy lecithin? I thought we were supposed to steer clear of soy?

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you are asking.  I just said that I switched from low quality whey protein from China to higher quality whey from protein factory and it improved my GI issues.

Thank you for the reply and I apologize I was not clearer.When you ordered your protein from the Protein Factory, there are several options. For example, the type of sweetener that can be added. Or the flavor. Or you can even have leucine added. I was wondering what exactly you ordered. That is, what sweetener did you add, what flavor did you get, and did you have leucine added? I was also curious about the soy lecithin in the blend. I thought we were to steer clear of soy. Or is it a non-issue?

Well I buy whey concentrate separately (I don't have a problem with concentrate, so why buy isolate?) and I buy a blend of 65% whey hydro 520 and 35% Heliogen Casein.  I use stevia for sweetener.  Soy letchin isn't an issue and I don't even think it's possible to buy a protein without it.

jam.josh

In general most peoples GI issues associated with protein powders has to do with how cheaply they are made i.e. the amount of whey concentrate they contain. Whey Isolates and higher grade have had most, of if not all, the lactose removed which is usually the main culprit in any GI issue. Most people as they get older become more and more intolerant towards lactose.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Either constipated or the Diarrhea from protein powder

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?